Roonready.com website

Just noticed a Roon member ( @Sergey_Revkov ) got http://roonready.com set up with some pretty useful content, and a slick interface. Check it out!

@Sergey_Revkov, what are you planning to do with this site? Can we help at all? Have you seen http://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix ?

4 Likes

Sonos not listed in the Roon KB link??

Not sure they exactly qualify as a “Partner” as such…just as technically Squeezbox would not for obvious reasons, but they are listed.

But if I was a Sonos owner looking at Roon, a look at this link might lead me to believe that Roon doesn’t play thru Sonos, which obviously is not the impression you want to create

For your consideration…

A sorted by option might be nice…brand and price for a start

Thank you Danny for feedback.
Actually i started this site to be in process of roon ready network player buying and collecting info as for that devices. It helped me (with PS DirectStream Jr) and suppose will be useful for others -if you find any mistakes or ideas -welcome. By the way there is russian version as well to be developed soon
Sergey (Roon customer )

1 Like

Thank you for feedback.
Brand filter just added. Price descending sortings is presented.
Sorry it is in process of developing -lot of other ideads ahead ))

2 Likes

Any reason mytek Brooklyn and Manhattan II are not on the list?

Probably just an oversight. We haven’t been keeping @Sergey_Revkov in the loop. We didn’t even know about this site until a few hours before my post.

It’s amazing what he pulled off without any official information from us.

That kb article is probably the most up-to-date source of information for our devices, but @Sergey_Revkov can pull from it and make it much nicer on his site.

@Sergey_Revkov – once you are sync’d up with our list, maybe our designers can help you with a bit of the graphics for your site? I’d love to start referring more people there.

I bet @crieke can help with a German translation as well.

1 Like

Of course this article is my starting point. I just wish to enrich it with some real shopper helpful info. Right now this is the only network players (ROON READY) part. As for DACS (incl. mentioned mytek (ROON TESTED!) i think it will be done in future in separate list.
I plan do all my best to make this resource as helpful and well-established as possible (ibcluding different language versions)

You are right the Brooklyn is only Roon Tested.

However the Mnahattan II is Roon Ready with an optional network card.

OPTIONAL “ROON READY” NETWORK/Wi-Fi CARD: Turns the Manhattan II into network streamer with 24/192k andDSD64 maximum throughput. Compatible w/ Roon, Airplay, DLNA/UpnP, Spotify Connect, IOS, Android

Just a quick note to say that I am very impressed with Roon’s response to this initiative. That a software company can recommend a non-official listing of its capabilities which to some extent duplicates its own listing and even offer to help is heartwarming.

6 Likes

Just became the owner of one more roon ready device. Now it is Bluesound Pulse mini speakers. A little bit overpriced here in Russia, but anyway good value for money. ))))
P.S. For visitors of roonready.com - check some new improvements and post your feedback.

@Sergey_Revkov – noticed this has been down for a bit… interested in passing this over to us and we can make it more official?

if so, PM me about details… if not, no big deal – was just hoping to keep it up.

That was my first thought too, Brian. But then again, that a software company (and a superb one, at that) would need a third party to make a useful list of compatible products, rather than provide the funcionality on the official Partners page, is puzzling.
Having being shopping for a streamer myself and having just been made aware of this list late in the game, I’d first of all like to thank @Sergey_Revkov for his initiative and second to ask him, or @danny, if this is now maintained by Roon or not, and therefore if it is up to date or not.
And a feature request, if I may: It’d be great if devices could be sorted by price (don’t know how easy or time-consuming this would be to implement). Warm thanks to everyone involved.

And optionally by date added / released

not maintained by us… @Sergey_Revkov – are you still on it? if not, do you want to pass it over to us?

What I like from reading this thread is the obvious willingness to work with and help the community :+1:

I hadn’t seen that site before, but it looks like a great resource if it were given a refresh to bring it up to date.