RoonReady RAAT High Resolution Playback Problem [Solved]

Great to hear @brian.

Wow! This really goes to show the complexities involved in finding a bug.

Well done all.

SJB

Yeah, the process was enlightening and also surprisingly fun to watch - I was rooting for you guys when I went to sleep last night, and woke up to see the story unfold with a happy ending.

Fantastic job in finding this issue and brilliant that it will be fixed in 1.2.

Interestingly, whilst I do not play 24/192 at the moment (current DAC limited to 24/96) the insight into the issue has helped me too because on all music I DO get the 2 second jumping on the seek bar. I hadnā€™t mentioned it before because it was not affecting the music but it will great for that to be smoother.

That is awesome news!

Great work guys!

I can confirm that the issue is resolved in our setup as well.

Since I run Mac-only, I didnā€™t have this issue.
However, it was entertaining to see how everyone got involved, remained ā€˜gentlemenā€™ all the way through, and no rest was taken 'till a solution was found. Great team @Not_Roon, great community.

Hi Brian,

Just to add I got a Raspberry Pi with the IQAudio Dac this week (Running the IQRoon R2) and I get the same problem. At 22second HR audio drops out and the audio bar updates every 2-4 seconds.

Iā€™m running the Core on Windows 7 (i7-3770K, 32Gb Ram)

Excellent news that you have already found the bug and have a fix in the pipeline.

Duncan

This is solved in the 1.2 release. Go check it out!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.