rooWatch - Smart control for Roon using Apple Watch and Siri

I just submitted yet another beta version (1.14/1.64). If you are a beta tester, you will be notified once this version is available. If you are not a beta test and would like to help, please PM me your email address.

Unfortunately I don’t see the new beta version yet!

It has to be reviewed by Apple. You will be notified, once it is available.

Unfortunately 1.64.1 after three days of use, had an automatic startup for 2 days, so that my battery of my Watch ultra was 80 percent empty :cry:. The settings are correct

Ok, thanks for reporting. The build 2 of version 1.14 (1.64) is available for beta testing. Please check if this still happens.
I had no auto-starts, independent on the system setting “Audio App Auto-Start” and the rooWatch settings “Keep App Active” and “Pause Music on Call” in rooWatch. So hopefully this is finally fixed now.

I’m having an issue with rooWatch constantly will un-license itself. I can activate and enter the license for rooWatch and it will work great with my Apple Watch, however, it will un-license itself after a restart or after a certain period of time. No other licensed extension I purchased exhibits this behavior. Thanks.

DJ

Now I see :+1:
You use an evaluation license key for $2.90 and this got expired.

If you like to use rooWatch without any issue you have to buy a license :smiley:

Best DrCWO

Yes,

My apologies. I thought I bought the lifetime license like I did for the other extensions.

I will remedy that shortly.

DJ

1 Like

Unfortunately I had an automatic startup 3 times today! software 1.14 /1.64. All settings are off!

If I use an audio app or a heos app, the roowatch app starts automatically every 15 minutes,

unfortunately this week I had many automatic starts of the roowatch app 1.64.3 software!
The result is an empty Apple Watch battery😢

Yes, same behavior here.

rooWatch 1.14 (1.64) is now available with the following updates:

• power saving improvements
  • addressed auto-start issues, hopefully fixing any unwanted auto-starts of the app (i am still in contact with Apple with this issue trying to understand why this happens)
  • added new option “Tap rooWatch logo to hide track info”, because some user accidentally tapped the logo and wondered why the track info was gone. This feature thus has to be enabled explicitly now.
  • performance, networking an reliability improvements
6 Likes

Hello,

I have 1.64 roowatch on iwatch 6 and iwatch 8, both with 9.3 OS, rooextend server using the bought one.

Please let me to ask two questions

1. Where I can buy licences as soon as my 2 months trial ends?
  2. Roowatch works very well, just the search in library brings no results and roowatch tries to re-connect to Roon server (Roon app running on dedicated Macbook Pro 2016 with Monterey) afterwards.
    I use a NAS library and Tidal.
    The search worked initially and then stopped working, I don’t know when exactly.

Thank you very much for your kind help

Aurelian

Hi Aurelian,
ad 1. You can buy licenses for rooWatch here: PF-extension_roowatch – rooextend
ad 2. This should not happen and i currently cannot reproduce this problem. Can you please restart rooWatch by pressing the digital crown and start the App again? Does search in the library still not work?
We are talking about typing the search not using Siri, right? For using Siri, make sure the setting “Settings->Siri->Use with Siri->rooWatch” is enabled.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thank you for fast reply.

No, Siri isn’t involved.

I found that when I try to search and use scribble as an input, search works flawlessly. The problem is only when I press the microphone icon and dictate.
When I scribble “Bowie”, it works.
When I dictate “Bowie”, it writes “Bowie” on the screen the same way as with scribble, just the search doesnt work.

Best regards
Aurelian Teppervien

Hello, I am very happy with the Roowatch functionality but I have the feeling performance has regressed, don’t remember which update triggered this, but it is more than 4 months ago, so no recent event. I used to be much more snappy starting up.

Every time I open the roowatch app it takes 4 to 6 seconds before the connection is made, during this time it shows ’no zones’, once it shows ‘Connecting…’ it goes fast.

Is this expected behaviour for my ‘old’ watch/low end RPI3, or is something wrong in my config?

Apple Watch Series 6
watchOS 9.3.1
Roowatch version 1.64
Rooextend V3.1.0
Raspberry Pi3 - (ethernet connection)

Mine show at startup the “Dismiss” button. So maybe @Klaus_Engel kan say something about it…

FYI, this is what i see during the 4 to 6 seconds

This is expected, since with the latest version we quit rooWatch completely when the crown is pressed. Restarting rooWatch on older Apple Watches takes a few seconds.
The reason for the change were complaints by users about battery drain and unwanted restarts of the App. Before we kept the App alive in the background.