rooWatch - Smart control for Roon using Apple Watch and Siri

I tried 1.63 (3) for a little while, but it ate up ~10% of my battery in like an hour. Back to 1.62 for the time being.

Same for me, back to 1.62

I have to kill the app 2 x in a row when something is playing but not on the zone that’s selected.

My wife was quite impressed when she saw me turning down the Lumin from my watch :wink:

The latest beta version still opens the app automatically, not as often as the previous beta version, but still too often

Did you switch off General->AppLaunch->Auto-LaunchAudioApps?

Yes , in the version 1.10 you already gave the information, and after that I never turned it on again

1.63 (4) seems to behave much better, way less battery drain then 1.63 (3).
Auto-LaunchAudioApps is switched off.

if you start another audio app, a few minutes later the roowatch app starts automatically, despite the setting

It seems that 1.63.5 is doing well. No automatic startup of the roowatch app !!

Thanks klaus

2 Likes

same here! :slight_smile:

Great! Then this will be the new version 1.13 (1.63). Thanks you very much to all the beta testers for the support!

1 Like

Don’t want to spoil the party, but roowatch 1.63.5 is misbehaving today, starting itself and eating tons of battery. :frowning:

Same impression here :thinking:

Edit: I also recognized that after killing the App it got restarted and first disappears after the second shutdown…

Same here.

This is a fight against windmills. It’s not rooWatch that is misbehaving, it’s watchOS9 that is acting erratic.
Please try:

• in Apple Watch settings, switch the setting General->AppLaunch->Auto-LaunchAudioApps off.
  • in rooWatch settings, switch off “Keep App Active”
  • in rooWatch settings, switch off “Pause Music on Call”
    Please reboot Apple Watch to be safe - had a User yesterday who complained about missing complications, which fixed itself after a Watch Reboot. Really frustrating.
2 Likes

I did as told and necessity for double termination is gone :+1:

Unfortunately 163.5 goes wrong again, occasionally an automatic start of the roowatch, then my battery is empty very quickly

Did you switch off the option General->AppLaunch->Auto-LaunchAudioApps in the settings of Apple Watch?

I can confirm this behavior.

Yes , in the version 1.10 you already gave the information, and after that I never turned it on again