rooWatch - Smart control for Roon using Apple Watch and Siri

This depends on the device you control :grin:
Device volume is positive from 0 to 100 DSP volume from -80dB to 0dB

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Didn‘t know this, thank you!

1 Like

I have added rooWatch and roo6D to my extension collection. rooWatch is installed on an apple watch 8 with version 9.1.
Volume, Pause and Play function normally. Double tabbing brings up the browsing menu with Explore, Library, Playlists, Live Radio, Genres, Qobuz etc… Tabbing any of these fields now results in no action.
Am I overseeing anything in the settings? Is this a bug?
My network, wired and wireless, works perfect.

Yes, this is a bug. I am working on a fix. If you want to beta test the new version, PM me with your email address.

I installed the beta version (1.61).
I find no big change in behavior. Now I can open for example “Library” and even sometimes “Tags”, but here it stops. I can’t see the content of “tags” or the content of my playlists in there.
Looks like more work is needed.

The new version that should fix the problem is 1.63. Let me check in the developer portal if i added the correct version to the tester group.

Version 1.63 beta should be available for beta testers via TestFlight.

Is it possible to join the beta tester group?

There is currently no new version available in TestFlight.

It is still in review by Apple. Please be patient.
@Kopftelefon: Sure send me a PM with your email address.

Browsing issues in Roon are resolved with version 1.63.
Great job!

2 Likes

I have now installed the 1.63, browsing is now going pretty well, the first time you want to browse, the playlists are not present, out and then in, everything works okay. Unfortunately, the app opens AGAIN every time, so that it my Watch’s battery is draining, just like version 1.10 and was fixed in 1.11

1 Like

Hello @Klaus_Engel , i sent you a pm. Did it go through?

Yes, just added you to the beta tester list.

1 Like

Anyone getting battery drain issues? Even I kill the roowatch app on the apps list on the watch I check later it’s running and my battery almost dead

I’ve restarted and powered on/off the watch and still the roowatch app started itself up again after some time and I have to constantly kill it (swipe left and hit the X)

Just tried turning off keep active - don’t think it affected the app before this latest TestFlight got installed

Killed it and yet again it’s started up by itself - I’m not even at home where the rooexten extension is running.

And killed again

And then a min later it’s running again….

So I have uninstalled it in the watch app and installed again from TestFlight

@DrCWO do I need to update the newest 3.0.3?

I uninstalled it and installed the 1.62 version, browsing doesn’t work there, but this version doesn’t drain my battery

No, this issue does not depend on the installed rooExtend version. It is an issue with the power management in watchOS9. Still working on trying to understanding what Apple changed.

Please also try switching the setting General->AppLaunch->Auto-LaunchAudioApps off.

This problem was also present in version 1.10, in version 1.11 it was solved, then I had already adjusted the setting at your request

version 1.62 doesn’t drain my battery, but browsing doesn’t work

Not mandatory as there were no changes regarding rooWatch.
But I recommend as it has OTA upgrade at night that allows me to fix issues quick and you dint’t have to burn new images any more…

1 Like