Ropiee failes to start (first initializing, now only wifi)

How do I trigger an update?
All my Ropieee endpoints have always been updated using a notificationbar above the web-interface.
But the device I’m reinstallling and talking about doesn’t has the notificationbar.
I tried ‘reinstall roon bridge’, wich it did, but nothing changed.
The endpoint actually works fine as a Roon endpoint since I reinstalled it.
It’s just like it doesn’t ‘register’ all the changes I’m trying to make in the webinterface.
I reflashed the sd-card several times since this endpoint crashed a month ago.
It’s also like the device doesn’t have internet or network acces to make its changes, but then why is the webinterface aviable and endpoint working. Because it used to have a fixed IP, but I’m also unable to use that option again (If I click the ‘more info’ label in the network settings, It actually says the right IP and ‘static’). it says it saves the settings, but it doesn’t behave like that.

UPDATE: I took the device back from the hifi-rack and reconnected it directly to the router, which was also necessary to be able to do the initial installation. After a while it gave me the notification bar to update. So now I’m updating the device. This confirms my initial thoughts that the device thinks it doesn’t have internet at its fixed spot in the hifirack. To be clear, nothing changed at the networkside of the hifirack, and all the other devices connected to the internet up there work fine.