RoPieee as a "control only" device?

Hi all, new to Roon and RoPieee (just a few weeks). Thus far I’ve been using RoPieee on a few end-points around the house.

I do have a question, or if there’s a work around. In our living room, I have RPi that has a display, but this is used for control ONLY. This would just control another Roon endpoint that’s buried in the basement that runs the amplifiers that power speakers in our living room. Is there anyway to use the RoPieee & Raspberry Pi screen to just control another end-point?

I think the answer is “no”, but wanted to check. If not, are there any other RaspberryPi UI interfaces to Roon that I could run to allow basic controls?

Thank you.

You should be able to go into the RoPieee program and point your RPi at a different end-point.

1 Like

Yes, of course!
In Ropieee’s browser control screen, go to tab “Display” and enter the desired “Roon Control Zone:” name as displayed in Roon’s “Audio” tab, et voilà.

3 Likes

Ahhh, very good! Just somehow missed that. It’s working well. In my head I was thinking this could be a control for starting new tracks and picking playlists, etc, but this is built much more purpose built for current status, pause, next/etc.

We had this device on an end-table to start tracks without having to pick up a phone/tablet. Hmm, may have to look at something else to take that role. Thanks again.

There used to be an extension that would allow for a web based minimal Roon control point that could select new tracks.

1 Like

Will give it a shot, thanks Rugby.

Once Ropieee is connected to a zone as described by Marin, you can also select any Roon zone by clicking on the zone name on the bottom of the screen and so control any zone you have. I also use it that way.

1 Like