RoPieee BETA release for Odroid C4

Hi,

When I released the next generation version of RoPieee last year, I mentioned that one of the arguments for this rebuild was the possibility to port RoPieee to other hardware platforms then the Raspberry Pi family.

So without further ado I want to present you RoPieee for the Odroid C4 platform: a capable SBC that can act as an affordable RoPieee endpoint!

This beta build provides full (XL) functionality. There’s one limitation for now: USB only.
Not that it makes that much difference, as there is only one HAT available for the Odroid :wink:

If you’re going to run this let me know how it goes!
Here’s the link to the image: https://image.ropieee.io/ropieee_ose_odrc4-2023.4.0-beta.20230505.106.bin

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

12 Likes

I love this. Never heard of it before, but I’m so psyched you’re pushing the platform! Thank you, tho I’m unlikely to buy one, this is fantastic!

-John

1 Like

Hi Harry,
Noticed your Ropieee beta release for Odroid C4 yesterday. I just installed it without any issues. Works like a charm so far (USB, ethernet, Roon endpoints). Since there is no sign that the RPI shortage will be solved in due time. I would be interested using Ian Canada hats. This should be possible by placing the IsolatorPi by Ian on the 7- pin I2S connector of the C4 first. Besides galvanic isolator, this works as kind of an adapter for RPI hats. On top of this, al other RPI hats can be placed using the isolated 40 pins GPIO.
Any plans for output over the I2S as well?

Cheers!

1 Like

This looks nice !

Not sure if that’s not enabled by default…

The nice thing with this HAT, at least from the doc, that it works transparently.