Ropieee does not show up in Roon

I got same issue with Pi 2, Pi B 3+ and TEAC UD 501.
It worked perfectly with Dietpi roonbridge before I decide to test Native DSD on Ropieee.
I just send feedback.
b02528b3247aba91

Your unit had not (or bad) internet connection during installation. Hence it was not able to retrieve the necessary software.

Check your internet connection and try again.

@spockfish strange! All my hardware had good internet connection.
Try again but no luck with two Pi B 3 and 3+.
c97ba41e333d97e0
b982b494f8096e27

Work out myself by ssh to Ropieee with root/root.
Re-install Roon bridge

$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh
$ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh
$ ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Hi Harry @spockfish !

I am not having much luck getting Roon to see my newly installed ropieee.

I installed with my Chord Mojo attached. I can see and ping the ropieee (which is connected via wireless right now). Have also tried restarting both the Roon app and core, but no luck.

Just sent you feedback - unique identifier b5b8fc67d9cc8140. Any assist you can lend would be most appreciated!

Hi again Harry @spockfish. Please ignore my previous post and feedback. My problem turned out to be a bad USB A-to-USB Micro cable. Once swapped out, Ropieee immediately saw my DAC, and all is well now!

2 Likes

Micro usb cable are sometimes charging cables only with no data connections.

1 Like

That’s exactly what it was! Picked the cable out of the trash, cut it, and now I see there are only two wires inside (red and black)!

I also just noticed that the cable does not have the USB trident symbol etched into its connector. Probably should have suspected it from that alone!