Ropieee doesn't detect touchscreen

Hi, I’m installing Ropieee for the first time and can’t get my touchscreen to work w/Ropieee.

Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 4B w/ 4G RAM
Official Raspberry Pi 7" touch display

Software:
ropieeexl_ose_pi4-2024.2.0-stable.20240220.1369.bin
Roon Server 2.0 build 1368

On the first boot, the display shows some text and then within a few seconds, it slowly starts to go all white (maybe 10 seconds) and then goes all black. Any additional boots don’t do the white-to-black trick but displays typical Linux boot text. The final text states Ropieee is running and it’s powering off HDMI. No test about the display.

I can access the web configuration page (ropieee.local) without any issues. There is no reference anywhere about the touch display, so no way to configure it, etc.

BTW, I installed Volumio and the touchscreen plugin and it worked fine so the touchscreen does work.

Am I missing something very basic?

TIA,

Mike

Quick update. I now have a “Display” on the config page. I started turning on everything I could in the hope it would trigger something. It must have worked :man_shrugging:

Now to see if I can figure out what triggered it and get Roon Display working.

If the Display tab is showing up then you need to enter a Zone name there, and ensure that the relevant extension is enabled in Roon.

If you dont see the display tab at all then it normally needs some other change to force a configure and ropieee then detects the screen.