Ropieee-NG BETA - chat about the new release currently at 2022.01 (RC)

@spockfish Thank you so much.

Updated to 381 perfect no issues.

1 Like

@spockfish My pi4 with NG (build 381) disappeared just now. Feedback b48973b46e9076fa I have not rebooted anything yet, only a restart of Roon core from the ROCK web ui. No change

Reboot ROCK: no change
Reboot pi4 (web ui) zone is back
New feedback after boot ba4b45b5f7d57206

Your DAC disconnected, hence no audio device and a no show in Roon.

When it disconnected there were a few error messages on USB level, which could mean that the DAC does not entirely ‘play nice’.

Hi,

Pushed out a small update: a textual change and a kernel version bump.
The risk of this going to haunt me forever, but … I think we’re verrrry close :slight_smile:

Oh I forgot: the rainbow splash screen is disabled. Per @Frank_M

Thanks

3 Likes

Right. We’ve have had a few power ‘blips’ the last weeks - very short, less than half a second. Maybe one of those ‘blips’ left the DAC disconnected. The DAC is bus powered from an ISORegen so the ISO might have misbehaved.
This setup is generally extremely stable. It is many months since last ‘event’.
Not a big deal then… would have been helpful with some sort of indicator if the USB device is OK on not :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve been thinking about this in the past quite a few times.
Problem is that this is not ‘that easy’: and I certainly don’t want false negatives as that would drive me crazy with support questions :wink:

what about at least in the INFO page a bit of detail on the USB detected information? like roon used to have a while back

Just static info is on the list.

@spockfish Thank you for removing the rainbow splash screen.

Hi,

Is there difference in sound quality between this new ropieee and the old one? Does the new one sound better?

Thanks

I’m guessing that will only be something you can ask yourself. IMHO no difference at all but YMMV

1 Like

Hello everyone,

So i compared the ropieee NG against the original ropieee on both rpi4 and zero 2. Subjectively the NG sounds grainier on both the rpi4 and zero 2. prefer the original ropieee. Again this is subjective. The original sounds smoother.

Ropieee does not deal with sound. Period.

3 Likes

Thats why I said subjectively

You’re seriously underestimating my unique audio enhance ‘better-than-bitperfect’ algorithm.

21 Likes

sweeeeeet will that button be on the advanced tab or what

2 Likes

For only €1337, you will get TWO buttons!

2 Likes

He guys,

For those wondering: there’s no update for those that are on beta. The last changes I made between the latest beta and release were very small.

So if you switch to stable the unit won’t update, but don’t worry: with the next update it will.

Thanks

1 Like

So what’s the simplest / suggested thing to do… change from beta to stable channel at this point? Or do you want us to stay in beta channel to continue to try things ahead of release? Or is beta channel just going to automatically stay up with release at this point?

Happy to do whatever is best.

John