Ropieee not showing in as endpoint

Can you share some pictures from Roon?

Because I’m rather sure this is something on Roon’s side of things…

Add images

Sorry for the slow reply, I appreciate you taking time to help me with this.

So… Why is the RoPieee unit on a different subnet (.5)?

That’s because I have a separate Wi-Fi network to my router for better coverage around my house. The core and the MS600/Snug device are plugged into the router and the PI IS ON THE separate Wi-Fi network. As the core can see the device as a bridge does this need to be on the same subnet as an endpoint?

Unless something has changed that I’m not aware of… Yes they should.

Well, or you can go through the non-trivial effort of installing udp-proxy-2020 to ensure port 9030 UDP broadcast packets go back and forth between the subnets. So if you’re a networking fiend and desire to go through that effort, there is another way. But short of that, yes, you got to keep endpoints and core on same subnet.

So I have a similar, but I think different issue. Happy to post as it’s own topic but it’s literally Ropieee not showing as an endpoint.

I have three identical Ropieee setups, and in the past all three worked. For reasons, one of them wasn’t needed for a couple of years, but when I plug it back in now Roon doesn’t see it. It does see the other two. When I go to the ‘information’ page on Ropieee it shows all three devices so it does seem to be there. I’ve stuck on the Ropieee screen shot below - it’s Living Room that doesn’t show up fwiw.

I suspect I’m doing something stupid the Ropieee’s instructions are great and I’ve never had a moment of trouble in years of using it.

Have you enabled it in roon/settings/audio?

Do you mean like: settings/ audio/ enable

There isn’t anything showing there to enable - I mean all the various laptops and things show, waiting to be enabled some day, but not the LivingRoom Roon.

I bet that if you haven’t touched it in a while, it’s running on an old version which (a) isn’t visible in devices, and (b) can’t be OTA updated. If I’m right, you’ll need to download a current version and reflash to it. I got into a similarly puzzling state at one point. From there on in you should be fine with auto-updates.

Does it have a Hat configured, or a usb Dac connected?

Being visible on the web, but not showing in roon usually means there isn’t an audio out.

661 is, I think, the latest build.

Yes, it has a hat - exactly the same as the other two that are showing up. There isn’t any novel hardware in there.

Yes, but the one that’s missing is not on 661- he hasn’t touched it in a while and he can’t see it in devices, which is why he needs to reflash to current.

In the screenshot on my original post, it’s the middle one that I can’t see in Roon - I think that shows 661. I did reflash it rather than let it crunch through 24 months of updates.

As you reflashed it did you configured it too to output to the HAT ?

One other thought. If you connect it to a DAC via usb instead of HAT, and power up the DAC, does it show up that way? I know that’s not how you want it to show up, I just want to see if Roon is somehow having a hard time seeing the device at all.

So this is how it looks in Ropiee - which is the same config as the other two devices, and the same hardware.

I don’t think I have a USB DAC, but if I dig around and see what I find. But you think that removing all HAT and turning on USB output with a DAC plugged in might persuade it that it’s worth reporting into the Core?

It’s possible your Hat isn’t working for some reason.

Certainly worth carefully removing and re-installing the HAT.

Otherwise you’ll need to send feedback to @spockfish - who can look at the logs.