Ropieee shows on network, does not show in roon

After using ropieee happily for years desaster struck last week (maybe earlier).

I have to ropieees in my living room, feeding speakers and phones. As I spend most of my time on the desk, these are not used often, When I tried three days ago they were not available in roons audio settings.

Both show up on the network though and can be configured. A PC at the same location works nicely as backup roon bridge.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Made the switch to beta minutes ago in hopes that might fix it.

Couple of things to look into:
Have you tried rebooting the network and roon server?
Do they show up on the Settings/about page in Roon?
Do they have the same “192.XXX.XX” (subnet) as the Roon server?
Do they show up in Settings/Audio and just need to be enabled?
What DAC(s) are you using? USB or HAT? and are they/it powered on and ready?
What version RPis are they?

Also, the latest beta of RoPieee is 2024.03 (1421) [beta] for Rpi4 and 2024.03 (1420) [beta] for RPi 3s, so you may need to update again? Not that that is the issue?? but worth noting.

Afaik tell thus is a stable user, not a beta one.

1 Like

Stupid me. One was not powered up, the other disconnected. Thank you so much. Great checklist. Should be pinned. Thanks again!

2 Likes

He stated he just changed one to beta and his screenshot shows one on beta, so maybe, “ships passing in the night”? :slight_smile:

oh duh. totally missed that one. I stand corrected :slight_smile:

It doesn’t. It also makes searching for an issue more difficult, so please return to stable.

So both units don’t show in Roon? Have you already restarted your Roon server?

From his last post it looks like he is sorted?

I believe he is talking about his DACs in this post.

That’s correct. Dacs we’re not powered up. He is enjoying some :notes: now. Again, thank you all.

2 Likes

I need a drink :wink:

2 Likes