RoPieeeXL-NG: another beta round

Any Hifiberry DAC2HD owners here that can confirm a working beta?

Initially we had problems with the new kernel, so we switched back.
Now these issues should have been resolved, but a ‘thumbs up’ would be nice :wink:

So, at this point, are we supposed to be using RoPieeeXL beta or stable? They both seem to work and look like the same thing to me.

[root@pi6 ~]# aplay -l 
aplay: device_list:274: no soundcards found...

a22146a44f3fee48

Hmmm… than it is not fixed yet.

I’ll see if they fix it somewhere the coming days, otherwise we need to go back to the previous kernel.

Thanks

I had another issue with UPnP, see above.

• UPnP gives an error with BubbleUpnp, Action Failed (Code 501), ditto with Mconnect. With Openhome Code 404.

That should already be resolved.

Here is working fine using Minimserver and:
Bubbleupnpserver/Lumïn app → RoPieeeXL/upnp
and
MConnect → RoPieeeXL/upnp

… OpenHome support is disabled in RoPieeeXL/upnp configuration in both exeamples
… RoPieeeXL 2022.03 (0133)

I pushed out another update with a patched kernel. Hopefully this fixes the problem with the Hifiberry DAC2HD.

Thanks

Yes, it did.

1 Like

A little off-topic, but I can’t imagine a place to get a better answer: how does one pronounce RoPieee?

And what does eee stand for?

Probably nothing. I suspect its just a name Harry made for his product.

Roon & Raspberry Pi, don’t know what the “eee” is about. Good question @Nickpi :slight_smile:

Tail end of a sound a bird makes I think :wink:

Hi Harry,

don’t know how you fixed it. Had the same problem with dietpi and found this. So, either an empty dtoverlay= on top of config.txt and dtoverlay=hifiberrydacplushd or

force_eeprom_read=0
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd

Kernel 5.15.30

This is exactly what RoPieee does.

re: Lakewest MiniStreamer

Seems to work well, but a couple of times LMS (Squeezelite) has stopped playing, and won’t restart. Also get ‘Failed to open audio device’ from Roon when this happens.

41627e5a5dd85649

Any issues with the Flirc dongle and Ropieee? Can’t seem to get anything on my end-point to respond after programming a media-centric remote. It appears everything got set automatically in ropieee.

Another really basic question about the use of the Flirc… after programming the remote on a Windows machine, is the next step to move the Flirc dongle to the roon end-point? If I leave the dongle in my Windows machine the remote then works. That doesn’t even make any sense. I’m not going to be using a key board from my chair! Hence, remote control using the Flirc in my end-point. Doesn’t the dongle need to be in the end-point to control it from my easy chair? RopieeeXL is suppose to make all the settings automatically when it is installed. Yes? Please explain this like I’m a 6 yr old, because I’m obviously missing something. :slight_smile: