RPi Terra-Berry

Has anyone here tried a Terra-Berry DAC 2+?
See http://www.terratechnos.com/products/terraberrydac/

I’d be interested to know how it compares with other Raspberry Pi based DAC units people are using.

Hi Lloyd,

I’m late to the Roon party as I joined a couple months ago - annual subscription. So now I’m retro-fitting all my audio-purposed Pis to RoPieee. And yes I’ve tried the Terra-Berry DAC. Since I’m a sucker for Pis and DACs it was purchased last year and sat in the DAC bin never having tried it! That was until this past Friday. I know it’s a shame.

Since my systems are in flux I hooked it up and installed RoPieee, configured it for the HiFiBerry DAC, restarted and away it went singing beautifully - like most of my other DACs. That was on my bench, so I haven’t tried it in my main 2-channel system yet, or had the time to do any serious comparing to other DACs. But I can report that it does work, but you must select the HiFiBerry DAC. Not sure if/how the DSD support will be though.

But now I have another Pi DAC to play with in my stable… The Orchard Audio’s ApplePi arrived on Saturday. That DAC is fully supported by RoPieee and ‘selectable’ from the list of tested DACs.

It’s all fun. Hope this helps.

Rick

G’day Rick,

I’ve ended up with two Audiophonics RASPTouch units and six Hi-FiBerry DAC+ Pro units. I haven’t ended up experimenting with different solutions they way I thought I might. But happy with what I have.

Hey @Lloyd_Borrett - what’s going on, did you give up on your network?

No, but I wasn’t at the office on Sunday and had too many other things to do on Monday. I’m waiting for another memory chip to arrive so I can try that. I might get a chance to do some more on chasing the problems later today, including playing with Ubuntu.

The internet connection for that system is supposed to be changed from ADSL to NBN FTTN today.

1 Like

Hi, may I know that the terraberry could playback DSD in DoP? or in PCM pre-conversation? Thanks.

Yes. DSD over DoP.

Edit- Sorry PCM Conversion although roon is set to DSD over PCM.

1 Like