Rugby's Daily Lunchtime Album Selection and Show on the DJ Extension

Friday. The Weekend is here. Today’s Lunchtime selection is…

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at Noon EST.

Monday and super hot. Today is 16 Horsepower, alt-country? Gothic country? Give if a listen.

Today noon cst on the dischord chanbek and dj extension.

1 Like

Tuesday and still hot. Today we have gone classical, all day! At Noon EST until it ends we are playing
Brahms: Complete String Quartets, Quintets & Sextets Box Set (5 disks)

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual).

Note the stream is still going about 2 1/2 hours left if you want to join in.

Wednesday and … still hot. Today we are serving up some chilly electronic. Jean-Michel Jarre’s “Electronica 1: The Time Machine”

Thursday. Cooler but thunderstorm - y. Today we have the new 40th (!!!) anniversary release this week of Joy Division’s “Closer”.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Half past Noon EST.

1 Like

Friday. Exists. I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Today is the latest by Brothers Roger and Brian Eno. The recently released expanded edition.

And Monday Once again. Today’s selection is the soundtrack to the movie “Local Hero”.
This is a great little movie if you haven’t seen it. And also, a great soundtrack by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.

Streaming at noon EST, on the DJ Extension and Roon Discord Channel!

1 Like

Tuesday, is not fun day today. :(. Today’s selection is Max Richter’s “Three Wordls: Music from Woolf Works”

Streaming at noon EST, on the DJ Extension and Roon Discord Channel!

Great rec! One of my favs by Richter! this is a stellar stellar album!! Truly moving!
D

1 Like

Wednesday. Today’s show is dedicated to the late Peter Green who recently passed away. As one of the founds of the original version of Fleetwood Mac, he was an acclaimed blue guitarist. Yes, the original Mac was a late 60s british blues band.

Today’s selection is a compilation of selected tracks from the first couple of albums, it is called “The Pious Bird of Good Omen”.

Now streaming on the DJ extension!

1 Like

And so, it is Thursday. Today, we are checking out an early 70s soul classic. The Layfayette Afro-Rock Band’s “Soul Makossa”

Now streaming on the DJ extension!

1 Like

Friday. The Weekend is here. Today’s Lunchtime selection is Mozart’s last opera with Da Ponte, “Cosi Fan Tutte”, or, the full title if you prefer, “Così fan tutte, ossia La scuola degli amanti

This is the uncut version on period instruments by John eliot Gardiner.

Streaming at Noon EST on the DJ extension!

New Week and it’s Monday. Today’s selection is dedicated to a long time listener who is stuck in conference calls today. Silversun Pickup’s “Swoon”.

Tuesday is here and I’m going ol school 70s rock. Today’s selection is Heart’s “Little Queen”. The follow up to “Dreamboat Annie”, Heart dodged the sophmore slump and put out an arguably better album than the debut. Contains the classics “Barracuda” and “Love Alive”.

1 Like

When presented with a request for dream or noise pop for today’s selection (please feel free to PM me suggestions), my response is…
The Raveonettes, “Chain Gang of Love”

v

Streaming Noon CST on the DJ extension!

1 Like

This Thursday is … Dance Day! Lunchtime presents the 2011 retro 80s, pulsing dance tunes of The Sounds’ “Something to Die For”.

Streaming Noon EST on the DJ Extension.

This Friday for the Lunchtime Show we are presenting Grant Green “Born to be Blue” recorded at RVG’s New Jersey studio. Enjoy some some bop.

Streaming at Noon on the DJ Extension and Discord Channel.

1 Like

Aug. 10, a Monday.

Humidity today is like a noose or a garrote cutting off my life. So I thought a blast o joy would fix things. And Mozart’s Exultatate Jubilate is just that. If you have never heard this motet, please give it a listen. There are several great versions. Here is the one I heard first.

Today’s selection is Mozart’s Exsultate Jubilate; Motets by Christopher Hogwood and the Academy of Ancient Music starring Emma Kirkby.

Streaming at Noon EST on the DJ Extension and Discord Channel.

Tuesday Aug 11, Hope everyone is having a good day. Classic Rock or Classic Pop if you prefer. Elton John’s Madman Across The Water!

Streaming at Noon CST on the DJ Extension and Discord Channel.

Wendesday, and I’m wishing for winter already. So, Lunchtime today will present Kate Bush’s 50 Words for Snow.

Streaming now on the DJ Extension and Discord Channel.