Rugby's Daily Lunchtime Album Selection and Show on the DJ Extension

Middle of the Week! Today’s Lunchtime is on Mountain Time!

The selection of the day is Isaac Hayes “Black Moses”

Streaming at noon MST, on the DJ Extension!

1 Like

Thursday is Here! One of favorites for Thursday is Brian Eno’s “Thursday Afternoon”

Streaming at noon EST, on the DJ Extension!

Thank God It’s Friday! Today is David Crosby’s first solo record, “If I Could Only Remember My Name”

Streaming at noon CST, on the DJ Extension!

Today’s Selection for this fine Monday is Jakob Bro “Bay of Rainbows”

Streaming at noon CST, on the DJ Extension!

Wednesday! Is there a TGIW? If not, there should be. :smiley: Sorry for yesterday but work got in the way.

Today’s selection is a Swedish band called I Break Horses and their 2020 album “Warnings”. Think ShoeGaze/Dream Pop with a female vocal. They (she) opened for Sigor Ros in 2013.

Streaming at noon EST, on the DJ Extension and Roon Discord Channel!

And since I missed yesterday, we are having a two-fer!

I had forgotten that today is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day to all my northern neighbors!

In honor, I will play one of my fav Newfoundland bands, Great Big Sea. And their live album, “Road Rage”. This is one to raise a pint too!

Thursday is Fun Day! Getting Ready for a Socially Distance 4th of July.

Today’s selection is Bob Dylan’s “Rough and Rowdy Ways”

Streaming at noon EST, on the DJ Extension and Roon Discord Channel!

Happy day before the Fourth. Today we have Neil Young’s compilation “Decade”.

Streaming at noon CST on the DJ extension. Join us.

One of my favourite album covers of all time. The original is a triple gatefold sleeves that completely unfolds to reveal Isaac in Black Moses attire (as per cover). It’s a fairly solid album, one of his best for sure. However, they all seem to pale by comparison to ‘Hot Buttered Soul’.

Cheers.

Hi Nostro!

I own the original album actually. :smiley:

[quote=“Nostro, post:70, topic:100444”]
However, they all seem to pale by comparison to ‘Hot Buttered Soul’.[/quote]

I agree. I bought the CD quality flac from Pono and then the high definition when it was released. Sadly, the CD resolution still sounds better than the high def release. It is even several DR’s higher, see pic:

aaba

1 Like

Given the last post! I’m inspired on this near 100 F day ( that is 38 C to everyone else), to have that as Today’s Selection.

Isaac Hayes, “Hot Buttered Soul”

Playing at Noon EST on the DJ Extension.

1 Like

The MFSL cd’s do sound good, but I can’t compare with high def releases. Far from unusual your copy more compressed than the standard cd resolution. However, when high def is truly high def they sound great & no doubt Isaac would/should sound so lush a warm with a big orchestral soundstage!

1 Like

Its Tuesday Again. Today’s selection is “Still Moment” by Tunde Jegede. From his website, the album is described as:

Still Moment is a meditative album of solo kora music which explores moments of stillness through profoundly beautiful music. This is an album that has the ability and power to transform emotions and heal. The music of Still Moment is mesmerising and draws one into a deeper and more peaceful state of being, beyond our immediate reality.

https://i.imgur.com/uRAqpmw.png

I have been listening to this beautiful album for years and I thought I’d share.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at Noon CST.

It’s Wednesday Again! I hope everyone is safe and enjoying music! Today’s Lunch Selection is Agnes Obel and her album “Citizen of Glass”. If you have not heard her, then really you can’t go wrong listening to any of her albums, of which I think there 4 official albums. Citizen of Glass is her third long player released in 2016.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at Noon EST.

1 Like

Thank God It’s Thursday. With the office AC out and my office there about 95 degrees, I’ve had to return home to finish working, so, sorry for the delay.

Today we are serving Ella Fitzgerald’s “Sings Sweet Songs for Swingers”.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at half past Noon EST.

1 Like

Friday… It’s on my Mind. Today’s Lunchtime selection being served at Noon CST is the Alan Parson’s Project (APP) debut album “Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe”.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at Noon CST.

1 Like

Happy Monday! I hope those in the massive Heat Wave are finding ways of staying cool. Today’s show is Robert Fripp and his sequence of “Music for the Quiet Moments” releases. Released as individual tracks numbered 1 to 10, they are part of a whole. I am playing all the parts 1 to 10 sequentially. Fantastic Ambient music.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at half past Noon EST.

Tuesday. Noon. EST. Lunchtime has The Velvet Underground & Nico on the menu. Classic, Influential, Groundbreaking? Give it a listen and judge for yourself.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual).

1 Like

And Wendesday. Hump Day! I call it Funk Day! Time for some good ol 70s funk. Lunchtime is serving the Brothers Johnson’s 1977 classic “Right on Time” containing, imho, one of the great 70s pop songs - “Strawberry Letter 23”

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at half past Noon MST.

1 Like

Thursday. Today we will be serving Ultra-Lounge best of Collection known as the Tiki Sampler.

Streaming on the DJ extension in channel Lunchtime (as usual). Today Lunch will be served at Noon EST.