Rugby's Weekly Roon User and Music Google Chat

There is already a Discord channel setup with fellow Roonies chatting etc, but, I don’t think that many other users are comfortable with it. So, I might do a Google Meet. That way more Roon users can get in on the conversation.

We can discuss music, hardware, etc. I will also be DJing using the extension during the meet, so we can all listen to the same music.

Thinking this Sat 12 26 3 PM EST. Will post the google meeting link then.

@ipeverywhere

But then you’d know what I look like. HA!

Yeah… I should be able to join. Now, I just need to decide where in the house to join from. Obviously this requires a room with a working Zone.

(OLD MEETING LINK REMOVED)

I wanted to thank @ipeverywhere and @David_Mader for joining me this week. I think we had a very nice discussion and it was great to put faces and voices to fellow forum users.

I will post the meeting link, about 15 minutes prior, Jan 2 3:00 pm EST. Hope everyone has a great New Year’s Eve!

Topics will be Extensions what are they and how to use them, as well as, what new and interesting music everyone has been listening to.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if this right place to Post, if not, apologies.’
Apropos the discussion last Saturday and your, Rugby, position on MQA I thought you’d find this article/essay on MQA, if you haven’t already come across it:-

(https://archimago.blogspot.com/2017/10/mqa-final-thoughts-on-politics-paradigms.html)

And after playing around with the Roon Free Trial, I was sold. Signed up on a monthly basis and ordered a NUC and necessary hardware. Just have to await the arrival, already flashed the OS to a USB stick. Should be fun!!

Take care, be safe,

David

2 Likes

Today’s Meeting

(Old Meeting Link Removed)

I wanted to thank @ipeverywhere and @David_Mader for joining me this week.

Next meeing Jan 9th, 3 pm EST.

Topics will be DSD and HQPlayer. Hope to see you then!

Topics can include Extensions what are they and how to use them, as well as, new and interesting music as well as other topics.

Daniel,

I’m afraid I won’t be able to “attend” this Saturday (1/9). There’s a big Family Zoom Memorial at exactly the same time for my Father & Mother-in-Law, who passed away a few years ago.

I’ve done a bit of studying on HQPlayer and would have loved to hear your take on it and how it integrates with Roon. I also downloaded Hans Beekhuyzen’s “File Based Audio” Kindle book. Still trying to get a handle on DSD & PSM (?) vs MQA.

Haven’t received my SSD drive for the NUC. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow so I can get the ROCK up and running.

Give my best to IP, cheers,

David

Today’s Meeting

(Meeting Ended and Link Closed)

I wanted to thank @Adam_Hextall for joining me this week and chatting about Chord, WiFi, Tidal and Qobuz!

Next meeting Jan 16th, 3 pm EST. Hope to see you then!

Dan

Great to chat today. Can you send me a calendar invite for future weeks. Cheers Adam

Nice to chat with you as well!

Cheers,
Daniel

Today’s Meeting

(Meeting Ended and Link Closed)

Had a great discussion about Room Correction both physical and software. Don’t forget, same time next Week!

Daniel, can you provide the link for today’s, 1/23, meeting?
Thanks, David

Today’s Meeting

(link removed)

Thanks everyone. As discussed, next week we will chat about Radio.

Hope everyone is had a great week. Today I plan having a discussion about Roon Radio; as well as any other topics brought to the table. So, crack open a beverage of choice and join us.

Meeting at 3 pm EST.

(link removed)

Thanks everyone. Dave next week we can work on the technical difficulties.

This weekend, Sat. Feb 6th, 3pm EST, will be our weekly meetup. This week we will talk about and speculate about the upcoming 1.8 release this Monday. So, crack open a beverage of choice and join us.

Google Meet link up

(link removed)

Hey everyone, Welcome to a special Edition of Rugby’s Weekly Google Meet. I have decided to have an epic all day Google Meet chat to discuss the new 1.8 release. I would love to hear what others think about it.

Please keep in mind, I am a “Friendly Fellow User” ™ just like you so this is NOT an official chat. However, I think I am pretty up to speed on the new release and could probably answer some functional questions.

Anyway, drop in if you have the chance, voice is cool, video not necessary.

(link removed)

Hi Everyone, Well, we had a great all day Google Meet. The topic today will continue to be 1.8. Love to hear and share opinions, issues, etc. As usual, we also discuss music hardware and all things music related, in case, there is 1.8 overload.

Please keep in mind, I am a “Friendly Fellow User” ™ just like you so this is NOT an official chat. However, I think I am pretty up to speed on the new release and could probably answer some functional questions.

Meeting at 3 pm EST.

(link removed)

Thanks everyone for dropping by. As usual, a good informative discussion. :smiley:

Hi I am late. Meeting Below.

(link removed)

3pm EST, as usual.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Same time next week.

Today at 3 pm EST will be the weekly meetup. So, crack open a beverage of choice and join us.

(Link Removed)

Rugby, thanks great session today. Tags and directory structure for ripping my CD collection; both very valuable. And maybe, more importantly, backing up the CORE database. Time really well spent for me, thank!!

Hi All,

today’s meet link is below:
(Link Removed)

Thanks to all that showed up. Next week we will continue the discussion on the Spotify and Tidal news.