Rugby's Weekly Roon User and Music Google Chat

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Link below:

old link removed

the link appears to be awol?

As always, if you are having an issue, want to ask questions about Roon, or other hardware/software audio topics, or just chat about music.

Please keep in mind, everyone here is a fellow user like yourself; so this is NOT an official chat.

Link below:

old link removed

Great meeting today.
Hardly mentioned Roon…lol.
This might be a good reason to hang onto that candy apple red metal flake Tokai Flying V!
Yikes…I paid…well a LOT less😜

5 Likes

Link below:

old link removed

It’s Mrs D’s 40th birthday celebrations this weekend so my attention has to be elsewhere. Sorry. Next week.

2 Likes

We missed you, but, Enjoy the celebration!

For you and others topics touched on…

Musical Suggestions:

Other topics covered:

• Pioneer AVR model announced Roon Ready update for late summer

• Setting up an ubuntu based endpoint using one of those 90ish USD mini PCs

• What is with bands reworking their own songs lately, see: U2 and Roger Waters

• Atmos: Is it worth it? And is a speaker bar based Atmos really Atmos?

@Michael_Harris check out the recommendations :smiley: You’ll see Crime Scene there!

5 Likes

I have listened twice in the past two days and really liking that album. Must dig deeper in their catalogue.

Also the Redemption Album is excellent :+1:

Not listened to any Killing Joke since the mid 80s

1 Like

Link below:

old link removed

For those, my brain was trying to remember this HQPlayer modulator: AMSDM7ec 512+fs

Music suggestions for the week included the new Depeche Mode, David Lang, Locatelli, Lee Ritenour, and The Sweetest Punch: The Songs of Costello and Bacharach.

Also, Jazz side of the moon for a jazzy take on the classic pink floyd album.

2 Likes

I missed the new music rundown but let me add the new from Ally Venable, storming blues rock.

3 Likes

Did you jazz the moon yet. :grinning:

Link below:

old link removed

Another fun get together. Same bat time, same bat channel…

topics covered:

Musical Suggestions:

• Alice Sara Ott Wonderland Edvard Grieg
  • Katie Gately
  • Maria Duenas - Beethoven Violin Concerto
  • Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Live '74
  • Boygenius
  • THE DMA’s How Many Dreams
1 Like

Perfect example of what I meant by the human race and Ai being a total up and coming disaster with idiocy like this happening

AI don’t believe that story :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Note: sad if true and my thoughts are with the family

:100:

2 stories (hope short):

My grandfather was in the communist jail for 2 years (1948/1950). Once he had a new roommate who just read (and misunderstood from my point of view) Schopenhauer. After 2 days of philosophical talk with my grandfather he went outside pretending that he is running away. He got shot. He knew that is going to happen, so he committed “suicide”. I would not blame Schopenhauer for that?

I once tried to chat with AI for 1h trying to make him write a letter to my kids about me finding out I’m having last stage cancer and only 2 more weeks to live; about my death after 3 days laying alone on the floor but being happy that I was having Schubert on. He did them all but went berserker when mentioning I was depressed. He got stuck and only provide a phone number for me to get help

:100:

1 Like

I’ve read Schopenhauer. I blame Schopenhauer.

Edit: Ryan linked this paper on ChatGPT 4.0. It contains the following warning:

Care should be taken when using the outputs of GPT-4, particularly in contexts
where reliability is important.

3 Likes

Philosophy tends to be a series of IFs, just like AI. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the link

1 Like

Link below:

old link removed