Ryzen 7 1700 8 Core, 16 thread completely silent HTPC [SOLD]

I built the ultimate silent Powerhouse PC. Not even a Hum so it can sit in a living room. I call it the Borg Cube, its completely silent with no fans anywhere and acts as a small radiator. It is deadly fast, entirely fanless and runs Windows 10 (licence included, a legit not-OEM or upgraded) a direct purchase from Microsoft or Linux. Up to you. I built this in December to do some gaming (Overwatch) and run Roon Server on and also act as a digital Hub for my studio but I am getting rid of everything I own and living a life where I can put almost everything in a suitcase. In effect I am giving up on things. You’ve probably noticed I am having a huge clear out and giving up on my studio (desk is sold), guitars, instruments and amps, the Devialet is sold - this is the last item for now.

It beats every i7 based PC in speed and energy efficiency, it plays games, it runs RoonServer like butter. Its a great little machine and it is mostly unused.

Useful for Audiophile Roonsters to know: the motherboard has a very good DAC with 8 channel Audio Out and it also has an optical output to feed into any TOSLINK enabled DAC. It runs Roon Core beautifully and so fast – it sifts though a 2000CD collection in almost no time. It has the grunt to upsample 512-DSD in real time in Roon and with Kodi and the like I can play 4K and 8K HEVC in real time thanks to the NVidia Geforce 1050 card. It transcodes near instantly with no lag or judder. It is entirely SSD based with space for two extra hard drives. It is entirely passively cooled with no fans anywhere, even the graphics card has been passively cooled and runs silent.

There is room for up to 5 x 2.5" SSD Hard Drives or a couple of full size Hard Drives too, I bought extra brackets for supporting drives.

Consists of
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 16 core CPU £277.95
ASRock Mini-ITX Motherboard - AB350 GAMING-ITX/AC - £120.82
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz CL16 Memory Modules - in Red - £90
512GB SSD (Western Digital WDS512G1X0C PCI Express 3.0 Solid State Drive) - £169.97
Graphics Card Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 GDDR5 2GB PCI-E - £97.63
HDPLEX Passive GPU Heatsink System -£52.85
Streacom DB4 Mini-ITX Aluminium Fanless Chassis - Black - £191.66
Streacom ZeroFlex 240 Power Supply - 240 Watt - £104.16
Windows 10 - £119.99
Lots and lots of Arctic MX-4 Thermal transfer paste!
Extra Graphics card cooler pipes
In total I spent £1233.63 comes with everything inc individual sales receipts for the above.
Plus many hours to build, test and run overclocked to ensure load stability.

I would like £1000 obo shipped for this

I’ll put some build photos in a bit, its a very tidily built machine.

and finally…
cpu by C F, on Flickr

1 Like

…and remember folks I am interested in exchanges. Anything portable as that is where my life is going. MacBook Pro, iPad Pro 12". High end DAPs and Headphones. If you can stuff it in a suitcase and its in the £1000 ballpark colour me interested.

Happy to deal with exchanges in person – if not too far from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Carlisle/Dumfries

This is a terrific Gaming PC as well as a Roon Server. With Windows 10 already installed.

Underside. That way no cables are visible…

here…

3 x USB 3 (one with a fast charge)
1 x USB C port
2 x USB 2 above legacy PS/2 Connector
2 x USB 2 in corner of case
Gigagbt Ethernet
WIFI
Optical and Analog Audio in/out
2 x APU HDMI ports
NVidia Geforce HDMI and DVI ports to the side
Power Switch
Power Socket

IMG_20180120_082829024 by C F, on Flickr

Hi,

This is an awesome build!
Congratulations on the great work.

I applaud your decision about things. I’ve felt that way myself.

“When the unconscious slumbers, one becomes concerned with superficial things” - Marie Louise von Franz

Now sold… thank you!