S40 as server and Roon core

I have the opportunity buy an Antipodes second S40 at a good price. I would be using it as a server only as I am happy with my existing iseparate streamer and seperate DAC.
Existing server (Roon core) is Mac Mini. I’d use the S40 as Roon core.
I have researched quite a bit and I am reasonably well informed regarding what a good server can (potentially) add to my SQ. I was hoping some Anitpodes owners here might have some direct experience as to what the S40, as server only, might bring to a system.

I replaced my aging Antipodes Edge with a new S30, both had been doing duty as Roon Core and sometimes player.
Also added an S20 reclocker and S60 PS.

As to the S30 replacement solely as new Roon Core server?
Sorry but I really hear no difference, not that I expected to.
With the complete stack using the reclocker I hear a small uptick, nothing earth shattering I’m afraid.

Thanks for your response. Yes, it is a bit of an unknown change from Mac Mini as server/Roon core. Almost all other additions to system over the years I have been able to home test before buying. I can’t test the S40 but I am tempted by the significantly cheaper cost than the retail price. Although it is still a lot of money for a server/computer - I suppose like the Nucleus plus which is also expensive - but with articulated claims of SQ improvement (unlike with Nuc Plus) from Antipodes, which I find credible.

I am hoping the S40 being designed as a “server only” (direct quote from Mark Cole at Antipodes in response to my query) will make more of a difference than the S30 (designed as “player only” again from Mark Cole). These comments even though both can be server & player (streamer).

I have recently purchased the S40 to use as a server only (with my previous S30 now relegated to player only functions). As per Mark Cole’s comments, this is what the S40 is focused on. I’m not the expert, but believe the S40 has a more powerful CPU, which is better for server functions, but would add a (comparatively) higher noise level. Conversely, the S30 as player keeps noise levels down with a smaller CPU…or something along those lines. Whatever the science, the improvements have been quite significant by adding the S40 for server fucntions.

Thanks Paul, that is helpful. I am currently using an SOTM SMS200 Ultra Neo with S Booster PSU power as streamer, sounds great to me and I hoping adding in the S40 will boost SQ further.

S40 as Roon core all good? Speedy enough with remote devices (ipad, phone etc) and some DSP?

Hi Mark, Seems good to me as a Roon Core (noting however, I have never had any other Roon Core to compare). The SOTM system sounds interesting, but not something I am familiar with. I use an older windows 10 laptop to control Roon and My Antipodes . Also works fine on my Android phone, but I prefer the laptop. DSP seems good to me on the S40, but no doubt anything in the K series would be a step up on that front … but my budget was too stretched for the K41 or K50.

It is not lost on me that a 3-4 box Antipodes system is financially not far off a next level system with fewer boxes…but I have a wife who doesn’t do a big slice of cake…but she can do 4 quarters over time. Wives/partners who are tolerant of multi-box systems (or the rum consumed before this post) need to be appreciated.

Thanks Paul, great point about wives/partners - spot on & one of the reasons I like the small box look of the S Antipodes range.