SACD ripping with Oppo or Pioneer

Is there any difference between the BDP 170-K and 170-S?
Or is this only an indicator of the color?
Because I am thinking about getting one of them solely for SACD ripping,
just not sure if this -K ending is a different model (same goes for -S ending).
So can I safely buy a 170-K and start ripping?

Seems they have changed something again. Your links won’t work @pl_svn,
same goes for mine…
Great. Could you tell me on which page in the thread you found your link?
That would be great.

last page, so far (my own post)
though… let’s make it easy: “S” is silver and “K” is black. there’s no other difference :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to you!
what an extreme long thread on this topic they have there! Sad that the old linking system won’t work anymore. Downloaded all files necessary in advance, who knows…

To bad that it doesn’t work with the oppo 95 i still have alot of sacd’s i would like to image.

Thanks for updating that. I have been happily ripping with my Oppo 103! I even found that so long as I start it up with the thumb drive, my wife can be watching video from one of the Oppo’s HDMI inputs while it rips discs in the background. Fantastic.

Hi, in some posts I read that the Pioneer-BDP-LX58 is working. Here, it’s listed as NOT working to rip SACD. Anyone knows what the final word is about this (expensive) device? Thanks !

From all that I have read on Computer Audiophile whilst the LX58 has the right chipset it has been reported that it will not rip SACDs.

The cheaper Pioneers (160/170) do, but I believe they use the other chipset.

Do you already own this device? If so, you might just try it - though I can’t give any warranty that it will work or your player might be damaged (which is unlikely, to be clear, but still…).

No I was prospecting and found a used LX58. After reading the post, i decided to let it go coz the asking price prohibits me to try and test it out to see it works, or doesn’t.

Anyone know if they OPPO 205 will do this?

I’d say no. It’s all down to the specific chipset and I think the only OPPOs that work are 103/105.

oppo 205 definitely does NOT work with sacd_extract. it uses a different chipset that is not compatible with this ripping method.

And the Oppo 205 also doesn’t play SACD ISO images burned to DVDr like my old Oppo 93.

Just convert them to DSF.

Problem is that I don’t have the original ISO files (just the burned DVDrs) and no player that they can be ripped back with.

Aren’t they just data DVDs? Did you try just opening them in Finder/Explorer?

Unfortunately not. They actually appear to be “read” as blank discs, strangely. Same of Mac or Windows. So I guess they would need to be re-ripped just as a pressed SACD. Would love to find out otherwise.

Try to get a second hand Sony. I’ve got mine for $40,- A BDP-S490 Rips perfectly Sacd’s.