Sad and Reflective Songs…

Hard to pick any one from AMC as most are sad and reflective but this one’s one that has always stuck with me.

3 Likes

“Hurt” by NIN is gut-wrenchingly dark, even with its’ (kind of) hopeful ending. The Johnny Cash version really gets to me.

5 Likes
4 Likes

This song has really messed me up since I first heard it a few months ago. It’s especially affecting if you know a bit about Daniel Johnston’s story.

1 Like

This song, like a lot of Tinderstick’s material, takes the ideas of sad and reflective to a whole new level. It won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I love this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They don’t get sadder or more beautiful than this…

Arguably the greatest singer of her generation and the greatest loss; from a live performance which she never lived to see released as a record.
Eva Cassidy

4 Likes

Sad but ultimately uplifting song about his father.

1 Like

Reviving an old thread

1 Like

I think i may have posted this song here before, but it is worth doing it again.

5 Likes

Sorry if this has been posted as I did not read the hole thread.
This always breaks my heart
RoonShareImage-638091283935304620

5 Likes

The backstory is just heart wrenching

2 Likes

A very touching and moving rendition from an artist tragically lost to us by cancer.

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-638115315126892130

6 Likes

Such a brilliant but gut-wrenching song. Can hardly bear to listen to it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

More of snippets of a song, “Cheap Day Return” and “Wond’ring Aloud” by Tull

7 Likes

2 Likes

Not just sad and reflective but also well recorded and the only Taylor Swift song I can listen too for more then 2 minutes. This duet with Bon Iver is just wonderful and will move you to tears.

1 Like

Kinda sad, definitely reflective.
Not sure if the mood fits with other suggestions, but definitely worth a listen…

4 Likes