Sad and Reflective Songs…

Surely someone has to mention Kurt Weill? How about this one:
Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 13-26-13 Stardust - Willie Nelson - Qobuz Web Player

1 Like

Speaking of a song about losing a child, no better tearjerker than this one…

5 Likes

Add images

What’s The Matter Here ~ 10,000 Maniacs

In the same vein as “September Song”, how about “Golden Days” from Sigmund Romberg’s operetta “The Student Prince”? I love the rhyme of “golden days” with “memory’s haze”!

RoonShareImage-637770947865353913

1 Like

Mentioned this as quite sad , track is called dancing with character.

Very Nick Drakish…

https://i.imgur.com/ZJ4xDeA.png

1 Like

Can anyone make a playlist of these songs? Tidal / Qobuz. it would be lovely.

MAX

1 Like

It’s good to see this thread has taken off. I’ll drop another one here that I only have a vinyl rip of… We used to see him live back in the day. Big Jim Couza… He also appears on the Peter Gabriel Ovo album playing Hammered Dulcimer, (an instrument he was a master of) that was recorded for the Millenium Dome…
This track is from his Jubilee album…

1 Like

6 Likes

This is a real lump in the throat generator - Simon Neil singing about losing his mum to cancer.

Folding Stars (Acoustic), Live at Wembley.

5 Likes

Think I’ll save this one for when no one else is around - Lost my big bro’ to cancer in 2013 - he was only 45.

6 Likes

So sorry Graeme - that’s way too young. Lost my mum to cancer, about the same age, when I was a wee boy.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about your Mum - must have been devastating at that age.

In my 51 years, watching my brother lose to cancer is the hardest life experience I’ve had.

6 Likes

It gets dusty here when I play this

And this

7 Likes

1 Like

Since Thom Yorke, the composer of the song “Creep,” no longer relates to it, nor wishes to sing it again, I’ll leave this one in the hands of a more youthful messenger…

https://i.imgur.com/Rxhq5P5.png

3 Likes

first two that came to mind.

5 Likes

Cat Power - Hate

2 Likes