Sad and Reflective Songs…

That young lady has the most exquisite voice. Spine-tingling.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!

Thom’s issues with Creep are well documented but they do still play it, albeit fairly sparingly. In fact he released a new version of it only a few months ago. It’s pretty dark though!

1 Like

Yes, she definitely has a beautiful voice, and her baroque take on “Creep” is quite fitting for the song track imo. Not sure when this video was recorded, but I believe she’s in her late twenties now and a professional singer. Glad you enjoyed it too.

1 Like

Hey @Tim_Rhodes , was not aware that Thom had a change of heart and released a newer version. Will have to scope it out. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

It’ll Never Happen Again - Such an amazing song.

1 Like

Neil Young has written many songs in his day where he reflected on the struggles of everyday life. Here are but a few from the film “Heart of Gold”…

https://i.imgur.com/IM1qkmS.png

6 Likes

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637772762685279704

Father’s unending love for his son to save him from drug addiction. True Story.
Almost my story.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637772765728988336
My two favorites, Sorry I made to responses.

1 Like

Bruce Guthro Album “Of Your Son” Track 1 Falling (New Version) and Track 13 (Original)
This meets Chris Layer the OP’s criteria for inclusion here.

1 Like

One of my top ten albums for 2021 could be placed in this category. This album exemplifies why AMG called Chris Eckman (The Walkabouts), “one of the most underrated U.S. songwriters, a man who can pack a short story into some image-laden lyrics.”

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

August by Emily Parish (I know it’s on Bandcamp, not sure about elsewhere).

Edit: It’s on Tidal too…

1 Like

When I was 12 this was quite funny, now I’m looking after my 99 year old mother it’s certainly making me reflect

2 Likes

This is a beautiful and harrowing song. Whole album is fantastic.

RoonShareImage-637774426015884815

3 Likes

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637775146400506792
RoonShareImage-637775146099932220