Sad and Reflective Songs…

1 Like

Remember When - Alan Jackson

1 Like

This one in French, at reverse:

1 Like

Another tearjerker concerning losing a child indeed @streamy68 . English translation would have you believe that the child is considering running away from home. But further research suggests that the child is on the verge of committing suicide. An even sadder story imo.

1 Like

Most of his catalogue is Sad/Reflective but this hits the spot…

4 Likes

Nearly forgot Mary Chapin Carpenter Album “Stones In The Road” track 9 “John Doe No 24” emotionally tearful plus the great Sax contribution of Branford Marsalis. I can feel the street car coming and smell the Crape Jasmine. Wonderful achievement by MCC. My number one in this category.

1 Like

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637777040291436177

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637777626538134511

1 Like

Niko I think we should recommend some Spice girls or Aqua to help you listen to something happier, even though you are posting some great stuff her6.

2 Likes

When I read the title my first thought was.
Oh so a goth thread.

But I refrained. :slight_smile:

So many other depressing genres.

3 Likes

In fact I’m quite a happy person :smiley:. But I love melancholic songs/music.

7 Likes

I am with you all the way, as we know from other threads.
The more melancholy the songs the more beauty often found there

4 Likes

We do probably need a full Goth thread, but we make do with the what’s rocking you tonight thread as many of us there like some punk and Goth and Goth metal as well. So it’s a good discourse of all

3 Likes

It’s so easy, just start one… enjoy…

3 Likes

I have started a couple of long running thread’s already and more than happy for @AceRimmer to keep taking the work for the excellent Rocking thread :grin:

2 Likes

Hear, hear! Well said.

1 Like

“Soldiers Cry At Night” - My German is a little rusty, so I’ll need a few listens to properly understand the lyrics. Strangely I couldn’t find this album in Roon, only the “Ohne Strom und Stecker”/Unplugged version. It’s available in Qobuz and only after adding it to my Qobuz favourites could I find it in Roon…

1 Like

I had the same problems with other albums. They only showed up in Roon after adding them in the Qobuz-App to my Qobuz favourites. But not in this case.

Maybe it’s related to the different regions? Or it occured just random?

Kind of depressive but beautiful i think.
RoonShareImage-637778515348853273

3 Likes