Sad and Reflective Songs…

Well, I can’t decide which song of this album fits best in this thread. So here is the whole Album.
Really beautiful semi unplugged concert.

RoonShareImage-637778619855934942

4 Likes

I’ve no idea why Roon can’t find an album on Qobuz , yet is fine with playing that album after I’ve added it to my Qobuz favourites.

It can’t be a regional issue - if it was it wouldn’t be able to play the Qobuz favourited album.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637779447824237817

7 Likes

I was just reading through this thread and Roon radio played me this.

What a coincidence!

Thanks for the great inspiration for new music.

5 Likes

A tearjerker!

3 Likes

I have no idea about the concept behind this song. All I can say is that it makes me feel very sad, especially when watching the bleak video that supports the song. It is a beautiful piece of music, but very sad and reflective.

Sigur Ros - Untitled (Vaka)
(Sigur Rós - (Untitled) [Official Music Video] - YouTube)

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

I always find this quite touching and contemplative.

3 Likes

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637789076082232622

3 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

Has anyone mentioned The Air That I Breathe?

While most equate this with the Hollies, Albert Hammond deserves the credit, and his description of the song is moving.

Also, Phil Everly arguably provided one of the best covers.

Albert Hammond:

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637789937295165742

1 Like

Stunning reinterpretation-just beautiful.

A beautifully sung but sad song about a topic that often receives little attention.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637791016194984857

1 Like

Adele.

Someone Like You. Tears me up every time.

3 Likes

It is a great song. If you have not already heard it, I highly recommend the version on here - an album with Dan Wilson recreating solo versions of songs he wrote for, or co-wrote with, other artists - Someone Like You is one of them. It’s a real treat of an album - such a talented songwriter.

3 Likes