Sad and Reflective Songs…

Sardonic and reflective I guess but it is certainly poignant

2 Likes

I didn’t found it on my streaming services so below is the Youtube link of this beautiful song.

RoonShareImage-637796007660079144

1 Like

Phew. Sorry, these bits are the antithesis of why I listen to music.

On another note, @Chrislayeruk what the deal with your live venue? Haven’t heard anything about that for awhile.

1 Like

Covid has held us up for sure but we had a lovely, very intimate, in house gig with the incredible Mim Grey… She was a new artist to us, but someone who really made an impact with her talent, personality and generosity… A night to remember for sure… Some of her music was reflective as written from life, but we didn’t have sad on the night…

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637796530812065780

1 Like

Basically the entire album

3 Likes

Like the new web site. A COVID production?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.12.06 AM

1 Like

Hey, folks. This thread is now a playlist on the front of the Home screen of Roon. Thanks for all the inspiration. It will be updated once in a while to reflect the thread.

11 Likes

Funny, I just spotted this playlist. Thanks for doing this and thanks again for all the contributions…

2 Likes

“These Days” on Gregg Allman’s “Laid Back” album. It is a more poignant version of the original by Jackson Browne.

I’ll add another great song here, as I enjoy the playlist…

Also this great track

1 Like

3 Likes

To contribute, here the late and great Chavela Vargas:

And also:

Sadly, Tom Waits:

And also:

Great Song,still

And another one:
This song was composed by Rezső Seress, who initially had difficulty finding a publisher, mainly due to the unusually melancholy nature of the song. One potential publisher stated:

It is not that the song is sad, there is a sort of terrible compelling despair about it. I don’t think it would do anyone any good to hear a song like that.

AND

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Southern Blood really took shape after Gregg Allman and Don Was (producer) started combing through potential covers together. “Even though these were songs he didn’t write, they had a great relevance to his life at that moment,” Was acknowledges. “He and I never discussed it, but he knew he wasn’t going to be around much longer. He wanted to sum up his life and reflect back with this album….tie up loose ends.”

The rawest moment, is the closing cover of “Song for Adam,” a beautiful haunting song written for a lost comrade by Gregg’s lifelong friend Jackson Browne. “He always loved this song”, explained Was, “because it reminded him of his brother Duane. The moment that gets to me every time is the ending of the last verse. When he gets to the line “still it seems that he stopped singing in the middle of his song” you can hear him choke up and falter. We decided to stop for the day, and Gregg never got the chance to actually sing those next two lines. Leaving them open seemed like a poignant and poetic way for him to make his exit”.

4 Likes