Samsung Galaxy S9+ Remote Issues [Resolved]

Hi @Paul_Whittaker ---- Just touching base with you in regard to the above, thanks!

Additionally, I checked on the status of your ticket and it is still with the tech team who have been evaluating the issue you are experiencing with the S9+. I expect to have some feedback soon and will be sure to update you accordingly.

-Eric

I received my S9+ yesterday (3/27/2018) and cranked up Roon with no problems.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Whittaker ---- Touching base to let you know that I have seen your PM and that I have responded to your latest in the PM chain.

-Eric

To update this thread I have discovered its a firewall issue. When I disable my firewall it connected instantly. I am trying to figure out the best way to allow my phone to connect to Roon without comprising anything security related.

Currently researching the matter.

Thanks

Paul

Hi @Paul_Whittaker ----- Thank you for touching base, glad to hear of the progress!

I would recommend making security exceptions for “Roon” and “RAATServer” in your firewall settings. That should do the trick. Let me know how it goes!

-Eric

I have allowed both programs through my firewall on both public and private networks. Does this pose any risk to my computer?

@eric

Thanks

Paul

@Paul_Whittaker ---- Allowing Roon processes through your firewall will not put your computer at risk.

-Eric

In that case this issue has now been resolved :slight_smile: thanks for everyone’s help on the matter. I’ve learnt a fair bit along the way.

Thanks

Paul

1 Like

Happy listening, @Paul_Whittaker!

-Eric