Saving tracks to a Qobuz playlist

This seems an odd missing feature - when playing a qobuz track in Roon, I click to add to a playlist, and none of my Qobuz playlists are showing, i just get a message box stating no playlists, make a new one etc. Even Sonos can manage this operation, so am assuming some setting needs changing somewhere, but i can’t find it…

Roon can only save tracks to a playlist created in Roon. It cannot modify a Qobuz playlist. You can import a Qobuz playlist to make a local copy which you can then change. However, there is no way to then send the changes back to Qobuz.

2 Likes

You can’t have a mixed playlist sync back to Qobuz. Roons playlists are location agnostic it combines whatever streaming service you have with local files there is no separation. Sonos won’t sync a playlist that’s made up from multiple sources it has to be created from the Qobuz API in the Qobuz section it’s very differnt… Roon doesnt use the API for playlists other than sync ones from Qobuz to Roon where they cease being Qobuz playlists and become Roon ones. Roon doesnt silo off each service like others do. I do agree it should have the option to create a Qobuz only or Tidal only list that could sync back, but not sure they see it that way.

I just saved a Qobuz Playlist in Roon as a local playlist. I then added a track, changed the name of the playlist, and exported to a file. Then I used TuneMyMusic to import the playlist into Qobuz. Not a problem.

You can export the file to Qobuz, Tidal, Apple Music or any other platform your program allows. I have created several playlist in Roon using Qobuz linked albums then exported back to Qobuz, Tidal, and Apple Music using TuneMyMusic.

That said, if the tracks don’t exist on the other platforms, they won’t be in the playlist. I have not had that happen yet.