Schedule Backups Failed since macOS Sonoma 14.1

Scheduled backups were running great until I updated to macOS Sonoma 14.1.

I’m running a Nucleus (in family room via ethernet) and backup to a network usb drive in my home office (ethernet).

All software is updated and current.

I tried to create a new network share and direct the backup to my USB drive, it keeps failing.

Per the guidelines, I use Finder to get copy the “Where” location, paste into the address line, add a hash and then my folder name. No matter what I type in, it won’t accept it.

It would be ideal if the Roon software allowed you to click to the folder address and not have to type anything in as I suspect the problem is with my location. When I click on get more info in finder on my destination folder it just copies “/Volumes/(username)/Roon”, then I add “/RoonBackups” and it says “unexpected error”.

Can anyone help sort this out?

Many thanks

If any Mac users could help me with figuring out my hard drive address, I would be very grateful per above. Many thanks

I have my USB backup drive plugged into my Nucleus. It backs up every night with never a problem.

EDIT: I like to use what works. Buy another drive if need be.

Thanks, that would work but would just require a second backup drive.

My preference is to figure out how to direct roon to my network drive that I regularly backup and also have instant cloud backup setup on.

If only roon used a finder window to point and click to a designated location rather than having to type in an address…

I think the issue may be that the address that Finder on your Mac is providing is a drive mount path that is relative to the Mac not the Nucleus. Macs mount all drives on a path staring with /Volumes, your Nucleus will probably do something different, like a network address.

I backup my Roon Server library running on a Mac mini to a Synology NAS using a path comprised of smb + the IP address of the NAS drive on my network + the name of the folders where the backups are to be stored. See the bottom part of the following Roon support page for more info & an example network path:

First check that the backup location on your Mac has been properly set up for sharing over the network. Then try adding the network share as a backup location in Roon.

See this help article. It’s for setting up a Watched Folder on a Mac, but the same technique can be used for setting up a Backup location.