Scrobble Internet Radio Tracks

scrobblealong.com is an interesting concept. Looking at the scrobbling documentation link above, I can see why there may exist scenarios where an individual, or a service such as Last.fm might not want to log music that a user does not have direct control over choosing (or advancing through).

On the flip side, listening to a playlist like Tidal’s Weekly Brew could be very similar.; I’m tuning into a playlist, much like an Internet radio station, however, I don’t have control in selection of songs, just if I fast-forward and/or rewind through said selection of songs. Again, this is another great venue for learning about new artists and songs, which makes the interest similar in nature to that of Internet radio.

Either way, my main goal in this scrobbling endeavor is not to get everything into Last.fm if that turns out to not be the appropriate venue, but what I would like to see is a way to bookmark a song I like–easily–even if that just dumps the song to a text document somewhere.

In the end, I just want to say “I like this song on the radio, let me remember it for later.”

2 Likes