Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritzbox 7490
SOtM Switch
Roon Remote Control Apps on Macbook Pro, iPad Air, iPhone 12 Pro

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax DS

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since a little while the search function does not work at all.
I cannot exactly tell when this happened. Everything worked fine up to that point.
I was prompted for a system update, which I ignored because I was listening. I never was prompted thereafter. Did it update without my permission? Anyway, I suspect it has to do with an update, since everything worked nicely before.
In addition I have the following issues:
Playlists / queues stop playing almost after every songs end. I have to manually skip or start next title.
When looking for an available software update, I hit “Find Roon OS” under “Setup” and the system just shows “Searching for Roon OS Core” and does not find it.

The not functioning Search and the discontinuation of replay when playing queues is very annoying!
Looking forward to quick advice or a software update / fix.

This is expected as you don’t have a Roon OS based device (quote: “Roon Core on Windows Server 2016”). If you want to check for updates, go to Settings|About instead.

Thanks for the hint!
It appears I have the latest versions, both the Roon Core Roon 1.8 Build 952 as well as remote.
So, there must have been a forced system update as I refused the last seen prompt for system update while I was listening. I never received a prompt for system update thereafter.

If you dared to click around a little, you might have found out, that this behavior is user configurable - see screen shot.

Using Roon’s Helpcenter, it’s even outlined there.

You might consider to browse available information about how to use and configure Roon to your liking and even learn something along the way…

OK - Thanks - it was set to automatically update minor updates and bug fixes.
Changed it to “always ask…” for my Core and the Macbook.
Cannot do it for the mobile devices.

Nevertheless, the main issues “Search” not working and interruption of playback persist for now.

Read here:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Search not returning results since updating to Build 952 [Ticket in - Roon Investigating]