Selecting versions of music from personal library versus Qobuz

I have a large music library (34,000+ albums) stored on two separate external hard drives.

That library has several versions of many albums, including 5300+ 24 bit versions

I have just started using Qobuz also. Of course I now have access to many more 24 bit albums and more duplication, but my library does have albums not available on Qobuz, and some at higher resolutions.

Roon does an amazing job of merging all of these versions.

My preference is to always listen to the highest resolution version of any music.

Does anyone know how to set up a playback preference in Room that automatically chooses the highest available resolution, whether that’s in my library or Qobuz’s library?

Thanks!

Roon should always pick the Primary version in your library. Mostly this will be the local version irrespective of it’s resolution. (High resolution not necessarily being the best version)
If you want a different version to be used then you can go and manually assign a different primary. Might be a tiny amount of work in your library.

That would be a touch of work.
This is definitely a first world problem I have.

3 Likes

Also an ongoing piece of work as streaming services change albums regularly.
I prefer to queue albums for listening, I just go in to the versions tab and manually select the best one available, it takes seconds.