Server shows "initializing" - Android app can't connect

It is still happening here. My oneplus 5t works like a charm, but my tab S2 keeps having difficulties to connect. On top of that my wife’s Samsung Galaxy S6 is also having the same issue.

Hopefully someone at ROON can solve this issue because it is starting to get very annoying. And it is really sucking the fun out of using ROON.

Came here looking for a solution as I thought my S8+ was the issue, very frustrating and doesn’t look like Roon has addressed the issue.

Well, it seems they are unable to replicate the issue. They are very aware that some users have this problem. Read the topic in the link for more information: Android app having trouble finding Linux Core

Since changing my phone to the Pixel 2, this issue has become less of an issue for me.

I think I have figured out what was causing all of my Android devices to be very slow or not connecting to the Core running on a QNAP NAS. I disabled IGMP Snooping on my NetGear switch. I also went ahead and disabled “Flow Control” but don’t think that was the issue. I hope this helps others that have been having issue connecting to Roon Core.

I’ve just updated to Android Oreo 8.1 (beta) on my Nokia 8 and there’s a minimal stutter while waiting to connect, but then it connects - and so far it’s connecting pretty quickly.

This is ‘much better’ performance than previously although I think the connection has just dropped-out after the handset went to sleep.
Re-connection was pretty quick though.

More time / investigation required…

Agree…it’s not for a lack of trying. It’s a strange bug and the Roon team is actively trying to reproduce it. They are not ignoring the problem.

In a month it’ll be 2 years since the bug was reported and I have 8 devices from 3 differant manufacturers that all have the problem.

Its hard to understand why it is not resolved.

1 Like

Yes, it is hard to believe this problem still persists.

1 Like

I also experience this issue. It’s very frustrating as I only recently purchased a one year Roon subscription. Unfortunately, I don’t have any other means to control the core as I run Linux on my computer. This really is a deal breaker, now considering asking for a refund…

1 Like

I’ve not been following this thread lately so forgive me if this is covered. My other half had this on an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I re booted the tablet, first time in ages and it connected.

Hello, here are tips that have helped me.

Since I did this, I have not experienced this issue from my Android phone (Samsung S7).
Make sure that the Roon app is on the list of apps not to be put in sleep mode.

How to do(Samsung):

1. Go to settings
  2. Go to device maintanance
  3. Select battery
  4. Go to unmonitored apps (at the bottom of the page), and make sure Roon is on the list of apps that not will go in sleep mode.
  5. If not, add Roon to the list

BR
Per Morten

This is precisely what has worked for me as well.

I had thought this worked for me too, until the day it didn’t. I still have it set up that way, but my impression is that if I have the tablet closed for more than 10(?) mins, it will occasionally happen; and it never does if less than 10 mins.

Once it has happened, rebooting roon (rock in my case) never works; rebooting the tablet (samsung tab s2) always works.

Unfortunately I am still having this issue and the to resolve on my Samsung S8+ is to reboot the phone, very frustrating.

Guv, if you go to: Settings / Device maintenance / Batter / Unmonitored apps - can you see the Roon app in the list?

Yes, I have made that change and seems to be working as designed.

Thanks

@mike Any updates on this???