Server Sleep and Wake on LAN

Post merged into existing longstanding topic.
Your vote has been consolidated.

1 Like

there’s more support on this thread than there are votes… remember to vote

A post was split to a new topic: Can anyone tell me what it is that Roon is doing when it rattles my NAS drives 24/7?

I have a feature request. As I use Aurender, mostly in Conductor but sometimes using Roon, I tend to switch off my Roon ROCK when not using it to save energy.

Then, when I want to use Roon, I must go to the electrical cabinet where the Roon ROCK NUC is located and switch it on. Or, I must Wake on LAN from a PC, but I don’t have a PC in my living room.

What I would like is that the Roon app on my tablet has integrated Wake on LAN. Now, when launching it, I just see “Waiting for your Roon Server” and “Roon is trying to connect, but it is taking longer than normal.”. It seems pretty simple to add a button here “Wake up Roon Server” or something like that. Saves me the hassle to getting up to turn it on.

What also would be nice is in the settings a button to shut down the Roon Core. I now browse to the NUC IP address and do it from there. But it seems easy to have a button for it in Roon’s app.

In these times where we all need to save energy, having this option may help only running Roon ROCK when we are listening. I am not using Roon ARC anyhow, but even then, also through ARC you could add the option to wake up the Roon CORE.

Vote for the existing request:

Not really the same request but I will vote for it. Thanks. Please also vote on mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is no voting on this thread because is is not in Feedback/Feature Suggestions sub category.

Posts in this category (Roon Software Discussion) will not automatically be seen by Roon staff so it is not the appropriate place for a feature suggestion.

By contrast the Feedback category and the feature suggestion subcategory posts are read by Roon staff.

1 Like

How is it different? It asks for WOL?
I’m out of votes :slight_smile: and what @Wade_Oram said

That part is not specified in the other one.

Well the other one wanted, I think, to start the server automatically by WOL every time the remote tries to access it, and maybe that’s not ideal in every scenario. E.g., I always leave remotes open on mobiles that aren’t in continuous use.

So a setting may be useful, together with a dedicated button like you proposed. But I‘d say that’s similar enough to add to the existing request, rather than having two or more threads with the resulting dilution of votes.