Setting up ARC on a LAN whose router connects to the internet passing through a second router

Roon Core Machine

Using ROCK on a dedicated NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROCK is connects via ethernet to my Netgear Orbi RBR40 router.
The Netgear Orbi router is configured with IP address 192.168.3.1 and works as a DHCP server and gateway towards all the devices in my home (ROON clients 192.168.3.x). The DHCP subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.
The Netgear Orbi router connects through its WAN port to another router which is provided by the network provider router. This second router works as a DHCP server and gateway towards the ROCK. It has IP address 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 with the DHCP server assigning IPs in the range 192.168.1.x.

Connected Audio Devices

Using several ROON ready products, Sonos or other brands that pass through Rasperry Pi.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The ARC setup fails with error:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“87.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.3.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

I imagine that the root cause depends on the fact that between the ROCK and the internet there is the other router which works on a different LAN. How should the 2 routers be configured for ARC to work properly?

Hi @simoneratti,

So if I understand you right the Roon Rock with the core is connected to the router of your provider that is on the 192.168.1.x range?
And the rest of your devices is connected to the 192.168.3.x range of the Netgear router?

Are you able to configure the WAN router as a modem?
I have a Virgin router with my Orbi RBR50 and it has the option to become a modem and works lovely that way.

The other option that that you need to create a port forward on the wan router for the ARC port to your Orbi router and then create another port forwarding rule from the Orbi to the Roon Core

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.