Setup advice for a high end system

I also have the Wilson Benesch ACT speakers driven by Vitus Audio SIA-025. More than happy with the sound they make :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Am tempted to listen to the later ACT One Evolution, which I understand has a magical mid range and deeper bass that the ACT :smile:.

Sorry if this is off topic.

Hi @David_Payne. Should your wallet be looking to fall open and your WB ACT Speakers are asking for an SQ boost, then I really recommend upgrading the drivers to ā€˜Tacticā€™ (direct from WB). I started with a pair of Mid drivers as one of the WB ScanSpeak specā€™ed drivers was failing, so was looking for what was in my mind a repair/replacement (now expectations of SQ) ā€¦ yet the WB own factory made drive units were differance, an instant and ear opening SQ stride. I thought I had my forever speakers yet they are now a good step up (and not a small stepā€¦ OK a good stride. Best upgrade I have make in 20 years - good). You move from the original Mid-Bass units to a Mid + Bass units. On Topic = ā€˜Setup Advice for a High end Systemā€™

Hi @EnjoyTheMusic, many thanks for this. I will definitely chase this with W-B direct next week. Not too sure what drivers I have fitted in my ACT. I had the original ACT1 for many years (which had the scan speak drivers, which I understand were modified to W-B requirements), missed out the ACT2 and then went with the ACT not long after they were introduced. I actually thought that the ACT was fitted with W-Bs tactic drivers, but I may be wrong. I will ring W-B next week and give them the serial numbers of my speakers to see if they can confirm what was fitted. I will pm you what I discover so as not to clog up this thread further with W-B info!

@David_Payne Just sent you an inMail ā€¦ full details. Hope it helps, if not Tactic.

Hi @EnjoyTheMusic, many thanks, was that sent to my ROON message box? If so nothing arrived yet!

My jaw is dropping on the floor reading thisā€¦
Using youtube as a reference for what you should be hearing on your high-end system!

Hi @EnjoyTheMusic, have PMā€™d you