Several Roons in parallel

Sorry if I am asking something that has already been answered. I did not find it though.

I am running Roon core on Zenith Innuos, which is connected to my Headphone amplifier (Solaris).
Works perfectly.

Now in another room with regular loudspeakers I am using another tube amplifier with a DAC and a 2.0 USB port.

What is the best way to use Roon?

1. Should I set up a Mac mini (or other PC) to run the roon core and then feed the amplifier?
    So I’d have two completely independent standalone solutions. That wouldn’t require WLAN
    (only for managing it remotely). It also means I’d have my music library both on the Mac mini
    and on my server, which I do not mind.

2. Or should I stream from my Innuos server to an iPad which is connected to the other amplifier?
    Or to a PC or Mac mini?

Thank you for any helpful answers or for sharing your experience in similar situations.

Jürgen

Try reading the Roon user guide. The link is at the top of this page.

That’s the whole concept behind Zones. Set up each location as a different zone. You can play the same music or different music in each Zone, simultaneously. You’ll needed an endpoint for each Zone, but it looks like you have that. Endpoints don’t have to be any more than an RPi. You don’t need a Mini.

You should mind. Music in two different locations would be a real PITA. Use Zones, then you’re good to go.

This would require two licenses.

1 Like