Sharoon v0.3.0: Share albums and tracks via streaming services links

Sorted now

:grinning:

Qobuz: Graceland by Paul Simon
Tidal: Graceland by Paul Simon
Spotify: Graceland by Paul Simon

.sjb

3 Likes

Hi @Jan_Koudijs, Qobuz seems to have disappeared from the results?

Tidal: The Cult of Ray by Frank Black
Spotify: The Cult of Ray by Frank Black

.sjb

Songwhip doesn’t provide a Qobuz link for this album. Have you had more albums for which a Qobuz link is not provided?

I’m not getting any Qobuz links for any album

Tidal: El CorazĂłn by Steve Earle
Spotify: El CorazĂłn by Steve Earle

Even the Graceland I posted above doesn’t have a Qobuz link now.

Tidal: Graceland by Paul Simon
Spotify: Graceland by Paul Simon

.sjb

If you check the provided Songwhip link does this have a Qobuz link? (You might have to click “Show more”)

It was Songlink/Odesli that I use and looking at that link there is no longer a Qobuz link, which explains its absence.

Songwhip seems to still have a Qobuz link, so I’ll use that going forwards.

Thanks @Jan_Koudijs

.sjb

Looks like Gmail users need to ask for help to get registered. Help? I bought the coffee.

Jonathan have you checked your Spam folder?
I am a Gmail user and I got my registration back at the beginning of this without issue (though that was a while ago)

Thanks for the great extension!

Would it be possible to open the link to Sharoon directly from a webbrowser, instead from the Extensions in Roon? I feel it’s kind of buried when you quickly want to share something.

Cheers,
Dennis.

Edit: I think you can by opening http://x.x.x.x:5501/, where x.x.x.x is the local ip adres of dietpi / roon extension manager

Hi @Jan_Koudijs ,
I’m trying to activate Sharoon 0.3.0, but am greeted with an error. What should I do?
Cheers,
Dennis.

edit: found it

Thanks for developing this. To be able to access sharable links to Spotify and others is functionality that I really need. However the installation procedure is just too grueling for such a minor functionality. Had it been an install based on a few clicks I’d have managed it.

I hope it becomes a part of Roon someday.

Hello Jan. I’ve got the same issue with registering Sharoon after buying you coffee using my gmail account. I’ve received the subsequent Buy Me a Coffee email confirmation, but nothing yet beyond that. Nothing in my spam folder.

Hi Jan,

If I haven’t done it yet, I’m gonna start by a big thank you for your work!

I love sharoon, but I think I might have find a bug, or at least a non optimal behaviour.

I use sharoon to pick up links for the album from which is the current track is.

I was experimenting different situations where no match could be found and I think I’ve nailed the root cause: the name of the artist associated with the album sent to the link service, picked form Roon metadata, seems to actually be the first composer of the current track. Not the name of the artist associated to the album in Roon metadata. This difference is what can make a track match and another one not.

To illustrate all that, I’ve a clean reproduction with the album As We Speak by BĂ©la Fleck:

First the album through Roon metadata:

Now the track J Bhai from this album:

And what is picked by sharoon extension:

In this situation, no match is found on Songwhip and using shraoon just redirect me to Songwhip home page.

Then with the track Beast in the Garden:

And the metadata used by sharoon in this case:

In this case, as expected, the match is found and using sharoon redirects me to the Songwhip page associated with this album.

My guess on the use of the first composer is from these little exemples and, as the extension is closed source, I can’t track this to the code.

I can also provide logs, but I don’t have the patience to clean them form any personnel data (but I will if it can help!).

Thanks again for this useful and powerful extension, I hope this report can help to make it even better :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hi @nihil,

Good to hear that you like Sharoon!

I expect the problem to be in the metadata that Roon provides via its API. When a track is playing there is now-playing information provided which is split into three lines, the first line containing the track name, the second line containing primary artists and composers and the third line containing the album name.

For the second line there is no indication provided to differentiate between artists and composers, it is just a list of names separated by the / character. In the implementation I just use the first entry in the list, expecting it to be the primary artist.

Maybe you can check the log file for the three_line information of now_playing for the troublesome track and see what is listed in line2. Would be interesting to know where in the list the expected artist is found.

Hi @Jan_Koudijs, thanks for the explanations!
Makes perfect sens.
I’ll have a look at the log later, I’ll let you know.

Hi @Jan_Koudijs, I seem to have lost my cloud access - message in roon extensions tab “no cloud access”

It has been working fine for ages, so not sure if this is just a blip at your end or not?

Has anyone else got this issue?

Nick

I have also had this for a few weeks.

I also get the no cloud access and then I click on my saved link but it just comes back each time.

1 Like

Hi @Stampie, @Michael_Harris,

I’m not using Sharoon myself but gave it a try and had no issues. Also looked through the logs at the clouds end and that also showed no indication of downtime.

Googling the error in the screenshot of Michael seems to indicate issues in DNS lookup. No suggestions for a fix at this point :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks Jan I will do some more investigation, but my Pi does auto updates from your Extension Manager service fine and is just running on RooExtend (which also auto updates), so I am guessing that would work ok.

Also when I clicked on the link which is on the welcome email it goes to site but I no longer get the success message that I used to get. It was working for a long time .
Do we need to login to buymeacoffee before clicking on the API link as I did already try that

That’s not necessary.

1 Like