Shazam - Soundhound Integration

I think this subject and request may have been tabled before but more from a metadata and tagging of an existing library perspective?

I use Shazam all the time and understand that Soundhound is a very similar service?

Whenever I’m out and about and hear a piece of music I like I grab my phone and hit ‘Shazam’. This could be in a taxi, in a bar or restaurant, in a shopping centre or at a show. When the artist has been identified I’m offered links to both Apple Music and Spotify. I use neither of these services so when I return home I open Roon, open my phone, and then manually search for the artist / album / track via Qobuz.

What I would like to see is Roon to integrate Shazam (Soundhound for others) which allows my ‘Shazams’ to be synchronised similar to Qobuz and Tidal.

Is this feasible?

Feasible, possibly, but unlikely I would have thought.

In addition to that request, likely or not, building in such a feature would be great to identify music that isn’t recognised by any metadata or tags. Such as compilations I made for use in the car… just identifying the track from its audio fingerprint would be a huge time saver.

1 Like