Should I convert my SACD ISOs to FLAC, DFF, or DSF?

By the way, to help legibility of your posts: When quoting someone, select the text you want to quote in their post. Then click the Quote button that will appear next to the selection.

Like this:

This will insert a visually distinguished quote in your post, like this:

And it will also ensure that the other person gets notified by the forum.

2 Likes

Yes thank you I was wondering that. On another major forum I highlight (italicize) it to make it obviously different, but I donā€™t see that availability here. I will follow your lead for sureā€¦

Quotes are nice for quoting :slight_smile: but there are also various options to format, link, etc. But you might not see them until you click the hamburger menu with the three lines that is top right in the edit box:

Thatā€™s fine, but there might be reasons to create PCM based version of SACD rips also. Iā€™m thinking compatibility mainly, as there are a few systems/devices thatā€™s not into DSD media, like Bluesound.
I keep my SACD rips in two channel DSF, and also duplicated as 24/88.2 PCM versions for my Bluesound and Squeezebox devices as an example.
(I use an app on Mac called DSD Master for conversion and volume levelling the PCM media, results sound fine)

Wow look how well that quoting works :slight_smile:

How can I forget about that. I havenā€™t even considered them for a second because they donā€™t support native DSDā€¦so youā€™re right thatā€™s a perfect example if thatā€™s the device you have.

1 Like

I just let Roon do the DSD ā†” PCM conversion, instead of creating multiple rips.

1 Like

Absolutely, but i simply wonā€™t comply to the ā€œInternet requiredā€ demand imposed on us by Roon. Therefore i always keep optional playback methods current, like Bluesound/Sonos, UPnP and Squeezebox.

Same for me (running as backup LMS and DLNA server), but while ripping a SACD Iā€™ll rip normally three traces:
DSD stereo/DSD multi/CD stereo
As native dsd premium member I can also download multiple traces for DSD buyings.
Also some of my endpoints (for example Naim) are not supporting DSD native and then I use the pcm/flac source.