Should this section be moved?

I was looking for this Nucleus subforum, and to my surprise it´s under Software Discussion. Wouldn´t Audio Gear Talk be a more suitable folder?

It’s not audio gear though it’s just a computer that happens to run Roons software.

1 Like

It looks to me like the ‘Audio Gear Talk’ forum is more about the gear involved in actual sound generation (in Roon terms, the endpoints) i.e the Streamer/DAC/Amplifier/Transducer chain.

This being the case, I, personally, think that this is the correct location.

From a personal perspective, I’m aware of the subforum and have been since I first joined the forums (and I don’t have a Nucleus - I do use a ROCK NUC which in most regards is the same but that came later. I started with Roon Server on a Synology NAS). The subforums associated with all three (Nuclear/ROCK/NAS) should be co-located as they all address platforms for running Roon Server software.

The ‘ROCK’, ‘QNAP/Synology NAS’ and ‘Linux’ Subformus are also located in this forum and together they form a group of ‘platforms for running Roon Server software’.

Well - kind of. If you think of the ‘Audio Gear Talk’ forum in the way I described it above. But you could argue that in more general terms, it is audio gear because, out of the box, its only functionality is related to audio.

Of course, this is not true if you install a different OS and turn it into a (somewhat expensive) general purpose computer (even if you run Roon Server and Roon Bridge on it to satisfy the need for audio functionality) but then it’s not really a Nucleus any more and it certainly wouldn’t be considered a Nucleus as far as support or even general operational questions are concerned.