Show created folders in brackets

Hello dear Roon community, I have a question. Is it possible under Roon to display individual file folders with several albums stored there. As an example: File folder [audiophiles], where the most diverse tagged albums are stored. While Roon lists it nicely, it’s a bit muddled. Just because I have so many samplers, it’s easier to click on the folder there and the albums are just all in there, no matter how tagged. Then I would set a bookmark to create a direct link. Aurender Conductor App offers such a feature. I hope I was able to explain what I want…

@Christian123, this is a much-discussed topic on the Roon Forum and within the Community. Roon has not offered this feature, and they have stated folder viewing/browsing is not on the development roadmap.

Here are just two of these discussions:

1 Like

If you tag them in Roon as a sampler then you can create a focus and bookmark them easily to achieve the same thing just needs a bit of work to achieve it. You could use a tag editor to add them in bulk to add a custom ROONALBUMTAG or ROONTRACKTAG.

Another option is to set out your watched folders so don’t add the top level but you have a number of them that are a branch off the main folder, you can focus by storage location. You can only go one folder down but this can be very versatile. It’s what I use to separate lossy from lossless files in the same library.

e.g
//music/classical
//music/rock
//music/samplers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.