Show us yer Mug!

I am waiting for mine.

For wifeys birthday we went to place you can paint your own , then they glaze them , should be a week or so

My painting skills are simply awe(ful)some , I am better with a big wall to go at

Coming soon :joy:

@PixelPopper, Thanks! I really like the design too. I have an oil painting above my stereo by a Russian artist, Galya Popova. One day on Facebook she “liked” some ceramics that had been done by another artist in Nizhny Novgorod named Marika Akilova. I was impressed with the pieces she was creating so I sent her an email & asked her if she could make a set of cups for me in her “Icelandic” series. She replied that she had never sent anything to the USA before but was willing to give it a try. I found out that the boxes the Russian postal service makes are not very sturdy and on each order I’ve done, one item has been damaged each time. I was just always glad when they finally arrived because it took a while to make them, fire them & ship them. But the rest I gave as gifts over the years to all of my friends (e.g. Abigail in Austin below) who I knew were avid tea drinkers (even though I use mine primarily for coffee).

As a side note, I was also impressed with the wood-fired anagama that she and her friends built to collectively fire their pieces in. It was an interesting bit of construction.

4 Likes

Thanks for the information, the Icelandic tea-set is beautiful and frustratingly (but understandably) expensive. I doubt I’ll be able to be a purchaser alas…

The anagama is an amazing construction, based on the original Greek arch, I’m guessing, but a finer piece of work so Sino-Japanese influences no doubt account for the smaller bricks used in construction.

1 Like

6 Likes

surprisingly comfortable to hold

10 Likes

Purchased at the Graceland gift shop 25 or 30 years ago.

6 Likes