Show us yer PEQ!

Hi Klaus. I don’t have the HD800 any more, but fortunately still have the EQ settings saved. I used a high shelf from 6Khz at -1dB Q1.0

Cheers. Mark.

This is my setup for my Kef LS50W in my particular room. It’s basically a 3dB bass boost and a 3dB midrange cut, with the master down 3dB to stop any clipping (I could have used headroom management, but thought this neater).

My ears are quite sensitive to midrange and I found the Kefs a touch ‘sharp’. (I’ve pummeled my ears over the years with heavy metal concerts, doing silly speeds on motorbikes for hours on end and a good bit of ‘clubbing’, so they’re a bit delicate to midrange!)

This gives my kef’s a lovely warm (valve amp/analogue, call it what you want!) sound! :wink::wink::wink:

I find that I need a slight bass boost so I apply a low shelf filter with a 3db boost at 500Hz with a 0.5Q.
I also apply a universal 3.5db reduction to avoid any clipping.

I also have the use of Dirac directly with the NAD M33, but right now I don’t use it as I am not experienced enough to use it correctly, getting all the levels right and being exact with the measuring positions.

There is another reason I don’t use DIRAC… the use of DIRAC drops the volume by c.8db. This is because the NAD is applying the curve and to do so it needs to process the curve and that uses up some of the amps power
With Roon all the processing is happening before sending the data to the NAD, so I am not working it as hard.

To achieve 75db average loudness @1m distance from the speakers, my volume setting on the NAD is at -25db. If I use DIRAC it has to be closer to -15db.
Generally speaking, I find this a big downside of using DIRAC.

Combats ear damage from 30 years of listening too loud in recording studios.

I like my high frequencies!

The sub dip is to prevent neighbours complaining.

I started tinkering with this a few days ago.
Thankfully a few of the headphones I use were already measured. I ran REW to measure my rooms and create filters for each of those as well.