Showcase your 1.8 themes

Thanks yes I did take a look yesterday but to be straight, I looked and thought that looks far more involved that I maybe have time to get into now, so bookmarked and moved on.

I will come back to it though and thanks for your work in putting it together.

Lol, okay, thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: I am a lifetime member but don’t use roon much, so have only just come back to the forum to see if any of the things I hoped would change, have changed in 1.8, so only just seen these threads on the themes :slight_smile:

Let me know if you do decide to talk a look, but I can reassure you that it’s a lot simpler than it sounds. Basically, you just need to generate the hex codes for seven colours (background and accent colours), type them into the spreadsheet, then copy the generated output into a theme file. If you have specific colours in mind before you start the whole process takes about 3 minutes from start to finish :slight_smile:

Now that you put it like that it does sound easier than when I opened the spreadsheet and thought, wow, I love tweaking but where do I start :upside_down_face: :smile:

As I say I didn’t read to much into it after opening the spreadsheet, so apologies if what you said in this post is in the spreadsheet too.

The info is included in the spreadsheet, but no worries. Basically, you just need to change the hex values in this bit (the values highlighted in blue):

Once that’s done you can copy the data in the first column into the theme file. I even included a button to select those cells:

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 10.58.14

It looks complicated, and I guess I could have hidden the visual complexity on a different sheet, but it’s very simple to use :smiley:

Thanks for the personal tutorial :slight_smile: I will have another look later today.

Edit: I use linux, so for me having to boot up my old mac laptop to control things makes this less of a priority, but I will take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t you edit a google sheet spreadsheet on linux?

Yes, but there is no roon client for linux, so these theme changes don’t apply to me most of the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes, I forgot about.

Lots of interesting tinkering going on in this thread, but just a heads up. Roon will be rolling out new builds to address issues in 1.8 from time to time. As you may already know upgrading will overwrite your hard won palette and theme settings. So take a backup of the relevant files before upgrading.

6 Likes

You guys are very supportive of a feature you’re not supporting. Thanks.

P.S. Thanks also for your plan to bring my star ratings in discography. Roon rocks.

1 Like

Mods are volunteer users, not Roon staff. Don’t let my jellyfish avatar fool you.

ah. Well a haughty ‘Never Mind’ to you then. :wink: but thanks instead for your moderating efforts.

2 Likes

played around with fonts :grinning:

Not to my taste, but definitely very striking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m choosing the best one for now :sweat_smile:
https://www.fontspace.com/category/opentype

2 Likes

Really loving this one, thanks for all your work here!
Being able to customize the interface is super cool. It makes Roon so much more enjoyable for me. Now if only we could access the mobile files to modify them.

1 Like

hello, for Windows 10 - is it possible to change the theme? I cannot find a place where to copy these files given in the first post.

It is possible, but I’m not sure where the files are on a PC. If you work your way through this thread I’m pretty sure it includes the information you need.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\Themes is the directory with XXX to be replaced by your user account.
However the AppData folder is hidden, you need to change some settings, see link below:
View hidden files and folders in Windows 10.

2 Likes