Showing off your DESKTOP Roon setup

Thanks! The Raspberry Pi is feeding into the Element II headphone DAC/amp.

1 Like

20 Likes

An R2D2 subwoofer! Cool :rofl:

6 Likes

My ā€œofficeā€ system is a NAD C368 with the BluOS2 MDC card, and Centrance 2504 Speakers and a REL T-zero sub. This may be a bit of overkill. Works very nicely with Roon.

2 Likes

Do you have a picture you would like to share?

I have a very simple system - Ruark MR1 Mk2 speakers with an iFi Zen streamer. Iā€™m still trying to choose between connecting to the Ruark optical input via a Douk USB to optical converter or using the line input via a Cambridge XS USB DAC. The sound is great and it doesnā€™t take up a lot of space!

I would try the Douk converter first and see if the sound is to your liking. I would say that the Cambridge DAC and the Ruarkā€™s built-in DAC are of the same class so may as well give the Ruarkā€™s DAC a listen. As per my post above, I use the Audioengineā€™s internal DAC in a bedroom system and they sound very nice.

Iā€™m switching between the two, trying to decide! The Cambridge DAC produces a warmer sound but maybe at the expense of some clarity (to my ears, at least.

1 Like

Looks like Mission Control , where are the rockets ?:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

The Ropieee connection is explained here

Love the star wars stuff :+1:

The working end of my office desk ā€¦

Core: Mac mini M1 (16GB)
Kef LSX
Arendal 1961 1S

21 Likes

whatā€™s that to the right of the laptop?

Itā€™s a standard Apple magsafe puck inside a rubberish mold:

Makes for a nice little iPhone stand ā€“ charging while I use my phone handsfree (or as music remote ;-)).

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Just sounds better, might be my perception!

1 Like

Underground, with the subs!

Hereā€™s another one, for those interested:
iPhone charging stand
The stand can be adjusted so that even iPhones in cases which prevent the magnet from holding the phone onto the stand can be charged by leaning the phone against the stand. works great!

The link is broken Ralph. :frowning:

Here is the description, perhaps you may be able to find it from a different vendor:

SUPERONE Phone Stand for MagSafe Charger, Foldable Magsafe Charger Stand Aluminum Charging Dock Holder Cradle for iPhone 13/13 Pro/13 Pro Max/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12, [MagSafe Charger Not Included]

1 Like

Thanks, that works :+1:t4: