- Roon ARC - Lossless DSD/PCM playback via 5G/4G network with no issues (Vivo X60 Pro)
- iFi Go Bar USB-DAC connected via CB-18 iBasso silver plated USB-C OTG cable
- Fiio FD-5 semi-open single dynamic driver
- 8 strands of monocrystalline silver-plated copper earphones balanced cable terminated NOBUNAGA Lab connector
I like the above setup; in my opinion it sounds great on the go. The iFi Go bar seems to have everything in; A full MQA decoder/renderer, different filters settings for PCM including NOS. There’s dedicated hardware volume control with an option to completely detachable from the system volume; making very fine adjustment possible
Great thread idea! I don’t know if this counts because it is rather stationary, but it is certainly the ARC revelation I had always dreamed of.
- Schiit Modius DAC
- Schiit Lokius EQ
- Schiit Magnius headphone amp
- Meze Liric headphones
- Meze copper balanced XLR cable.
- iPhone Xr with ARC
This is an absolute dream of a workstation for me in the office. Simple, relatively inexpensive, and a quick unplug of the headphones allows me to store them in a locked cabinet in my cubicle until the next day.
Sometimes I think about upping the game and replacing the Modius with a Bifrost 2/64 and the Magnius with a Jotunheim 2, but I listen with the current stack and just dig the sound. Adding more money seems silly to have on the desk at work.