Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Try using decaf. The sound will be a little less edgy :rofl:

8 Likes

Does the foil packaging might improve the sound through extra shielding? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Perhaps the coffee makes a more earthy granular sound than Darko’s door stop, I’ll have to try it :joy:

3 Likes

NEW COMPONENTS , UPDATE,!

2 Likes

My server closet:

router, fios gigabit connection (ethernet straight into the eero, no modem necessary):

switch, connected to eero, everything else connected to switch:

RoonServer:

MusicStation:

there’s another eero upstairs, hardwired to the switch, which provides wifi.

4 Likes

I have a similar internal cupboard which houses my ‘server closet’. I like your shelves, they might actually keep the kit a bit cooler. My server cupboard is generally 27c, so fairly toasty!

1 Like

Is that a lens rocket?

1 Like

Hope the water pipes passing thru above all that don’t fail…not sure I would have water pipes running above my electrical and network kit

indeed it is, use it to blow away the occasional bit of plaster dust.

1 Like

actually, those are gas lines.

Ah now the yellow wrap makes sense.

Love the Gyrodeck, had Transcriptors before that (one was stolen, burglar was probably disappointed by the niche resale value). Still have it, admire it at a distance, but it hasn’t rotated in years.

Much as I respect my Nucleus, I wish it looked as good as these tables.

1 Like

My favourite coffee!

This looks elegant! What is the interface that is displaying the information on your screen? It looks much nicer than what Oppo throws up on mine!

Thanks! It’s the standard Roon display fed to the tv’s internal chromecast.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Displays

How does Dire Straits sound with Lavazza ?

2 Likes

Expresso Love ?

Love Over Gold-blend?

7 Likes

You are worse than me , I don’t do instant …:blush:

When we play one of his CDs in my man cave and sipping an Ethiopian, it’s normally our Shangri-La :star_struck:

If you put your head right up against those magnificent speakers and turn you head a 180 degrees … you’ll be fine. Your ears will be the separate and make the sound stage! Nice!